10/1/2012 Kittlehouse offline 1982 Bordeaux

mike reff

10/1/2012 Kittlehouse offline 1982 Bordeaux

Post by mike reff »

10 people converged to eat a la carte at this great restuarant and the food showed very well along with the wines that we enjoyed.

Nyetimber 2003
This English sparkling brut was interesting to taste, some sweet pineapple was apparent and not the usual yeasty qualities that I was expecting.

Dunn 1982
Tasted blind, I immediately thought Bordeaux. Guesses ranged from Rhone to Bordeaux. Ample fruit great finish, very austere that showed very well.

La Tour Haut Brion
Firm tannins on the taste, some shoe leathery aromas, started to fade after an hour, but a nice start to the flight

Branaire Ducru
Subtle, and somewhat short in the finish, pleasant but overshadowed by the previous wines and what is to come. We all agreed that this would better served on its own.

Ducru Beaucaillou
Decent finish, not my favorite for the night, seemed to fade after an hour or so.

Gruaud Larose
Beautiful wine, large finish, needed more time to open up decant a while for those that still have these in their cellars

Leoville Les Cases
Big bold wine, ample dark fruits, but again more for a decant would have been better

Lynch Bages
Austere and pleasant, cigar box and a nice balance of fruit and earthy flavors, however overshadowed by the next wine.

Pichon Lalande
Hands down the WOTN, very appealing with fruit and green like aromas, massive finish. This was stellar.

Grand Puy Lacoste, Figeac
Corked

Canon
I loved this wine, my number two for WOTN. Great aromas, and nice medium to long finish

Certain De May
Very odd wine, full bodied but there were something going on with this that was disjointed

Magdelaine
No notes