Gevrey-Chambertin 2009 Joseph Drouhin

jmccready

Gevrey-Chambertin 2009 Joseph Drouhin

Post by jmccready »

Very nice negociant effort from a fine vintage. Rich fruit, although not the packed intensity of a smaller, hand-crafted domaine-still enough
stuffing. Minerality builds up on the finish with supporting tannins and acidity. Fruits meshed with burgundian earth, a bit ot terroir here.
A decent buy at about $50 a bottle with perhaps up to a decade needed. Burgundies leave the shelves quickly not to be found later,
at least from my experience. I always wished I had more Burgs mixed with my clarets when I was collecting.
Ramon_NYC

Re: Gevrey-Chambertin 2009 Joseph Drouhin

Post by Ramon_NYC »

jmccready wrote:Burgundies leave the shelves quickly not to be found later,
at least from my experience. I always wished I had more Burgs mixed with my clarets when I was collecting.
Same here.

Btw, Drouhin has been one of my preferred producer, across the board.
robertgoulet

Post by robertgoulet »

Jim that is my entire plan as of late...Bordeaux, burg and in addition slowly, barolos and barbarescos.
manton

Post by manton »

$50 seems like a lot for a Drouhin village wine. Used to paying that for Lafarge, Fourrier and Bachelet (latter in off vintages only).
jmccready

Post by jmccready »

South Carolina prices, at least in the Hilton Head area, have always been a bit higher accross the board. You can find very little
Burgundy here other than the several "large"negociants. You must live in a good market. JM
manton

Post by manton »

I do have a lot of options to comparison shop.

Though, I will say, prices for the 2009s are really high across the board. But I can find that wine for $40 and at the really expensive stores like Sherry-Lehman and Zachy's it's $45.