2004 Malescot St Exupery...

stefan

2004 Malescot St Exupery...

Post by stefan »

...was opened four hours ago. I've only had a couple of sips after watching the CBs go from ineptitude at the beginning to giving the game away at the end. Their middle game was good, though. Anyway, the MSE has a fruity nose with some Margauxberries and fresh fruit in the mouth. Too much drying oak when it seems to me that now is a right time to drink this particular wine. Still, I will hold a couple of bottles for five years down the road or until I croak, whichever comes first.
Houndsong

Re: 2004 Malescot St Exupery...

Post by Houndsong »

I have two or three bottles of this but don't think I ever tried it. Not even sure one made the cut for Hawaii so it will have to wait at least three years in all likelihood.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

What kind of stupid play calling was that on the next to last drive on third and one and fourth and one? I thought he got his palm down before his fingers, but they got it right on the replay, the fingers came down first.

So what are you telling me, I need to crack open my case of 04 Malescot?
stefan

Post by stefan »

Yes, Garrett should fire his offensive coordinator* for that ill conceived 3rd and one pass, and the fourth down play was almost as bad. Actually, on 3rd down, you don't want to score a TD as Eli would have more than enough time to beat you again. Nevertheless, all that idiot Dez had to do to win the game was to keep both hands on the ball on his last catch. Reaching out to break your fall at the back of the end zone is a no-no for a competent receiver (which, unfortunately for the CBs, he is not).

Certainly you should crack your case, Jim. This wine is smooth enough for me, so it certainly is for you. BTW: with food (sauteed zucchini, leftover quail & baked potato for me and leftover baked chicken & wild rice for Lucie) the oak is less noticeable. The finish is long. The MSE is much better that the 2000 Meyney we drank for lunch--it had a pretty good entry and nice flavor, but was so-so in the mid palate and died quickly at the end.

*That is, himself.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yeah, we know a little bit about leaving time on the clock for Elah.
Ramon_NYC

Post by Ramon_NYC »

Well, Bill, for once Eli didn't need to pull a miracle drive in the last minute. I'm sorry to say but, Cowboys simply handed the win.

Good thing, at least, you're drinking wine from a good producer. I've been on an MSE pound-the-table tear lately. Haven't had anything beyond 2000 recently, but the 83, 96, 98 and 2000 have all been worth the admission price for this Margaux producer.
stefan

Post by stefan »

Eli has some monsters who are good at protecting him for 3 seconds and little else. Cruz has hands even worse than Bryant's and is almost as dumb (well, not that dumb, but...). Their tight end is a CB reject who will never amount to much despite his great talent. Eli has to be a miracle worker to win against teams that are contenders.

Having finished the MSE, I think I'll have a glass of '98 Rieussec that I did not finish last night. It is a wonderfully unctuous wine, like the '03. I have a preference for the '01 like '97, but I love the '98 as well.
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

stefan wrote:ineptitude at the beginning to giving the game away at the end. Their middle game was good, though.
Doesn't sound that far off from a tasting note...