TN 2009 Ch. La Clare Medoc

AlohaArtakaHoundsong

TN 2009 Ch. La Clare Medoc

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

Made a non-surgical strike over the Ko'olau to the Leeward side to visit the quarantined pup and make a Costco run. This is not a Costco with a great "fine wine" selection (although they did have a BdM and also Tiganello (iirc) and as evidence there was but one Bordeaux, this 2009 that I think maybe somebody here has also had?

Picked it up for kicks and it's not bad at all although I think it's designed for early drinking and is more forward leaning and has a wispy finish. Let's see how it goes.
AlexR

Re: TN 2009 Ch. La Clare Medoc

Post by AlexR »

This has been a good value Médoc (northern Médoc) for years. It is owned by Jean Guyon of Rollan de By. It should be good value for money and ready to drink soon.

Alex R.
robertgoulet

Post by robertgoulet »

Yes another beauty from the de by stable....guys I went to a tasting locally a few months back and this was one of tbe wines in the line up...and none other than the '04 vintage. The wine was a flat out fantasic bordeaux...they now have the '04 here locally for $22 and I'm buyin them up!!!! I'll post a note for I'm opening one soon
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

Just catching up. This was unmistakably 2009 in the bouquet. Although this is just 35% cab, the 09, very ripe, very deep and frankly very Californian cab aromas really dominate. This was medium bodied with a lot of tingly tannins in the midpalate. The finish was lighter. So it would be interesting to see if this was up for aging. It was a good wine though and certainly I wouldn't hesitate to buy more of these to get my Bdx fix. I just need to see what I can ship in other cheap 09s for as/if needed.