Heads-up: 09 Moulin Riche on Deck

AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Heads-up: 09 Moulin Riche on Deck

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

Just thought I'd say so. Most of you will be in bed by the time I have sufficient data to report. I'm interested to try this sometimes-maybe-not-a-second-second-wine of Leo P.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Re: Heads-up: 09 Moulin Riche on Deck

This is pretty impressive. Expressive, ripe aromatics that show just a nice cedary overlay. A controlled, almost restrained (for the vintage) entry that is pretty dry. Good volume and it builds potently towards the finish which is just treading near the line of alcoholic warmth. Slightly drying in the end but this has a balanced fruit/structure ratio. Seems pretty classy.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

This has a good bit of very ripe figgy/fruitcake-yness as far as the flavor profile goes. But it is not overburdened with a heavy mouthfeel. So quite ripe yet not cloying. On the contrary this is dry, nicely weighted and is showing some nice, firm tannin.
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

Life must be good in the islands, Hound - the cocktail hour arrives at a most civilized time, I see.

Of course, our friend John in Colorado gets up about 4am every day to be ready for the bond trading day, so maybe everything in relative, eh?
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

The nice thing about cocktail time is it arrives just when you are ready. Amazing.

This did show a little more heat and drying tannin in the end of the bottle. Probably it's at least "pretty good indeed" overall.

I get up at 4 am half the time to get a good head start on the dawn. Somewhere there's a usb cable packed incorrectly that's preventing me from uploading a picture.