2010 UGC

Chateau Vin

2010 UGC

Post by Chateau Vin »

Got the invitation for 2010 Vintage UGC tasting :D ...Can't wait to taste them and see how 2010s compare with the 2009s... :P
JonB

Re: 2010 UGC

Post by JonB »

CV - what location are you attending?

I'm signed up for the Los Angeles tasting.

Although the only 2010 wines I've ordered were through PCs "half off" sales and I don't plan to buy more at existing market prices, it still is a fun learning experience.

It'll be interesting also to see RP's reviews and market impact. There's been little hype since the futures were released at record prices, and it appears few wines were sold to US merchants and fewer still to consumers.
marcs

Post by marcs »

I too have invested fairly heavily in the Premier Cru sale on 2010 futures (about three cases in total which is a lot for me). Those prices were irresistible -- the only chance I have seen recently to get truly top-quality (first growth quality in a classic year) Bordeaux for $150 a bottle and less. But I'm pretty nervous about actually getting delivery within the next 3-4 years. I suspect PC took an unhedged short position on Bordeaux prices.

But I can fantasize, and the UGC will give me an opportunity to do so. Will anyone be going to the Pearson's UGC tasting in DC next month? Happy to meet if so.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Marc, is the Pearson's event open to the public? I didn't see mention of it on a quick check of their website.
marcs

Post by marcs »

David G. and other interested folks: see here --

http://www.pearsonswine.com/accessories ... w7901224b1
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Thanks, Marc. No wonder I didn't see it... I was looking in "events" and it was listed under "accessories." I'd love to attend but will be out of town that week. Does Pearsons host a UGC tasting every year?
Jeff Leve

Post by Jeff Leve »

I am looking forward to the UGC coming to LA! I've tasted all the top 2010 wines in barrel, it will be nice to experience a good selection of the wines in bottle. If you're looking for info on the cities and dates for the UGC in North America... http://www.thewinecellarinsider.com/201 ... ington-dc/
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

JonB wrote:CV - what location are you attending?

I'm signed up for the Los Angeles tasting.

Although the only 2010 wines I've ordered were through PCs "half off" sales and I don't plan to buy more at existing market prices, it still is a fun learning experience.

It'll be interesting also to see RP's reviews and market impact. There's been little hype since the futures were released at record prices, and it appears few wines were sold to US merchants and fewer still to consumers.
Jon, I will be attending the Chicago Event...Anyone from BWE attending Chicago event?
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

As PC survived the 2005 futures campaign up to, during and after the 2008 Financial Collapse, delivering all the wine (except DavidG's) with easily the best prices in the USA, its ability to deliver its 2010 futures does not worry that much (easy for me to say, as I've only bought 3 bottles of 2010 from them in total, but I am still waiting on about a third of my 2009 futures from PC).
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

I haven't given up yet, Patrick!
pomilion

Post by pomilion »

Will be attending the Los Angeles tasting. See some of you there!
MatthewB

Post by MatthewB »

I noticed this active thread after posting starting a new thread and I would appreciate your pointers. My wife and I are headed to LA UGC event and we are considering purchasing some of the 2010 vintage for long-term cellaring. I have not bought young Bordeaux in case format. What are your guidelines or standard processes when tasting young BDX? What should I be thinking about when working through my target chateaux?

Thanks!
mike reff

Post by mike reff »

NY is scheduled for later this month...