2009 Jadot 1er Cru 150th Anniversary Cuvee has been uncorked

JimHow

2009 Jadot 1er Cru 150th Anniversary Cuvee has been uncorked

Post by JimHow »

We had this the other night at the Lawyers Christmas Party and it seemed very lovely so I wanted to try this on its own tonight.

It seems like a stunner. This is a special bottling to commemorate 150 years. It is a blend of several Jadot estates, including from Ursules, Greves and Bressandes. Got this for $37 in NH, it is a steal at that price. This wine is stunning and it is going fast. Great balance and structure, drinking beautifully right now but my initial impression is that it will age gracefully for many years to come. Let's see how it stands up to a rib eye and whoopie pie!
Attachments
jjjjjjjjjjjj.JPG
jjjjjjjjjjjj.JPG (204.7 KiB) Viewed 331 times
aaaaaaaaa.JPG
aaaaaaaaa.JPG (187.45 KiB) Viewed 357 times
JimHow

Re: 2009 Jadot 1er Cru 150th Anniversary Cuvee has been uncorked

Post by JimHow »

This truly is an amazing effort. I have never tasted Burgundy this young so accessible. Yet, it is clear it will age for a long time. Beautiful pinot bouquet, real depth, exquisite balance. A beautiful Burgundy for $37. Much better than, say, the 2010 Jadot Clos des Urdules.
JonB

Post by JonB »

Nice report. I purchased a case of this early from Calvert Woodley and they have had some supplier issues so they haven't delivered yet. Most of the 09s I've tried are fruit forward and ripe but you can sense the large structure.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I have a case of the 2005 Jadot 1er Cru as well, Jon, i really liked that effort as well. Pappa Doc was a big fan of it as well.