Orlando will be weighing in on the '09 Giscours...2nite!!!

robert goulet

Orlando will be weighing in on the '09 Giscours...2nite!!!

Post by robert goulet »

after some arm twisting and intense negotiations...I finally convinced orlandorobert to bring it to dinner tonight...Yes!!
Stay tuned
robert goulet

Re: Orlando will be weighing in on the '09 Giscours...2nite!!!

Post by robert goulet »

Well I tasted it...I liked it...orlandorobert had it as his wotn...Nice nose, ripe, silky, flowers, wild berries, bright acid, some hints of bell pepper, firm but polished tannin...a very nice wine...unfortunately the '03 D'issan is still fresh on my mind and the nose on that wine was lights out ridiculous (haunting)

Robert has some pics that I'm sure will entertain you at my expense....lol!!!!
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Would you drink with this character!?!

Oh poor Marc . . . eh, um . . . I mean Robert Goulet . . . .

Like a little kid at Christmas crying, "daddy, let me open it, let me open it . . . now!" Waaah.

So my BWE Exclusive For Your Mouth Only Wine of the Year, the esteemed 2009 Giscours, arrived Friday. Nicely shaken, nicely stirred, having crossed many thousands of miles from Cali just to cross my lips.

Rather than pop his own, that have been resting, nay sleeping, in storage, he arm-twists me to open mine in consideration of his wife wearing to dinner a deep plunging neckline. Being the Neanderthal that I am, I caved (pun intended).

While I have not tasted deeply from the '09 vintage, this wine seems to be the archetype of the vintage characteristics. Surprisingly approachable (and yes, I was skeptical), round, plush but with some acidity to keep things fresh. The tannins were sweetish, present yes, but not overbearing. The nose is unmistakeably Bordeaux, a beautiful musky perfume. The palate is pure cassis interspersed with some nice ripe red fruits and an earthy underbrush presence. I will probably check back with the next bottle in 5 years, as why it is easily approachable now, we are only getting a nice glimpse of where this wine may go. (92+ pts.)

My wine of the night over:
2007 Copain Eaglepoint Ranch Syrah
2002 Ridge Santa Cruz Moutains Home Ranch Cab Blend
1998 La Rioja Alta

It appears that the group consensus was the Copain. Copain is tough competition indeed.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Well done, men. Very well done indeed.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

and this pic was taken before any major wine consumption...sad and pathetic

thank u robert my not posting a pic of my wifes plunging neckline
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Just how plunging was that neckline then?

Jim, this used to be such a sane board. Sorry about what's happened. :-)

Orlando, why does "Marc" go by RobertGoulet? Does he sing well, and/or often? Is it a duo, you and he; like (Tony) Orlando and Goulet? (okay that was a real reach, but it's Sunday!)
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Bacchus wrote: Orlando, why does "Marc" go by RobertGoulet? Does he sing well, and/or often? Is it a duo, you and he; like (Tony) Orlando and Goulet? (okay that was a real reach, but it's Sunday!)

You got it, Marc is as melodic as Tony Orlando, Andy Gibb, Justin Beiber and Brittany Spears. Just oh so talented. And as for the plunging neckline, unfortunaly Marc decided he would wear a deep-V tee-shirt as well to highlight has hairy chest. It's bad enough that I have to look at his scruffy face, rooster haircut, and now this . . . .

Reminds me of an old joke:

Did you hear Tony Orlando passed away?

Oh my gosh, how sad.

Yes, he died in the crack of Dawn.

Badda Boom. Sorry, that was so bad. But since I'm at work with a hangover, you will have to deal with it. 8-)
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Robert...clearly Bacchus was not interested in my plunging neckline....maybe you should post a pic of our significant others.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

I didn't want to ask, Two Roberts, because I just wasn't sure who had the hairy chest in all this.