San Francisco April 19-23

DavidG

San Francisco April 19-23

Post by DavidG »

Peggy and I will be in San Francisco April 19-23. Any BWEs interested in getting together for dinner?

Also, any suggestions for a good corkage-friendly restaurant where I can arrange a dinner with several of my colleagues? By corkage-friendly I mean a place that will allow more than 2 bottles per table, you don't have to know someone to BYO, and corkage is $25 or (preferably) less. Prefer something more interesting than a steakhouse, ok if it's on the pricey side if the food is that good, quiet enough to have a conversation across the table is a plus.
William P

Re: San Francisco April 19-23

Post by William P »

Sorry David, love to connect but heading to Kauai and the BI on the 27th.
SF Ed

Post by SF Ed »

I'll be in Asia on business during that time, so I am out too.

The good thing about SF is that it is very corkage friendly. The less good thing is that the trend is to limit corkage to 2 bottles a table exactly to avoid tables like us :).

If you are 6 or fewer you could try Delfina - they don't have a corkage limit and the food is excellent. If you have a small enough group, that would be my first call.

A classic place to try would be One Market - they historically have been very corkage friendly and are a good restaurant in downtown. In my neighborhood, I just got a bunch of BWE folks together at Garcon. The food is mediocre by SF standards, but the BWEers seemed to like it just fine and I negotiated $10 corkage and unlimited bottles without having any special contacts.

If those don't work, let me know.

SF Ed
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

One Market was where I went to dinner with Stuart and Kathy for a Friday night Spanish wine dinner when we were in SF a couple years ago. I liked it a lot. The only problem was we had a hell of a time getting a cab after dinner.
sdr

Post by sdr »

Jim is right. I was totally satisfied by the food at One Market, although the service can be a somewhat slow. It's a fairly noisy room, though, but not too loud to have a conversation and some tables are better situated than others for that purpose.

Stu
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Delfina's been a hit on several occasions. One Market also sounds like a winner. Thanks for the tips!
Michael-P

Post by Michael-P »

No idea where I might be then, but if I am in SF then keen to join everyone.

Michael-P
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

As it stands now Peggy is not coming to SF (too much fun right on the heels of BWE Dallas) so I've shortened my trip to the time I actually have to be there for work.

I have a dinner with my doctor buds on Sunday 4/21 but we have one or two spots open since Peggy won't be there. MichaelP, you met one of them (Michael Belin, the birthday boy) when we came to Dubai.

I also have Saturday 4/20 wide open and if there are any of the SF crew that want to meet for dinner that night I'm game.