A Champagne and some under 20 $ wines from early 2013

Nicklasss

A Champagne and some under 20 $ wines from early 2013

Post by Nicklasss »

Some more TN from this early 2013.

1996 Vintage Henriot : I liked too much that Champagne. Medium gold color, with an intense creamy nose of hazelnuts, bread crust, confit apples, light mandarines and butter. Very nice nose. In mouth, light oxydatives notes add some complexity to the rich butter, honey apple, flowers and light chalk flavors. Rich but with a nice balanced final. It has been too long since I opened my last bottle of Champagne. Too expensive around here, I try not to buy any as drink so good and so easily. TN : 92.

2011 Garnacha Honoro Vera Bodegas Ateca Calatayud VV : Well for 15 $, you can't ask more. Dark color, nice nose of rasberry jam, herbs and some minerals. Ripe nose but no over the top. In mouth, not so complex, but very good intensity, rasberries, dry clay, prunes, with medium tannins and amedium long finish, on red and dark berries. Very good. TN : 87.

2009 Poulsard VV Domaine Rolet : From Jura. I've been thirsty for light red wine lately, and I liked that one ok. Very ligth red color, nose was light but when you analyzed it correctly, complex with little red berries, something animal, light kirsch cherries and flowers. In mouth, very light, drinks easily, mostly on the little red berries, and some red flowers. No tannins here, good acidity. TN : 85.

2009 Arbois Pupillin Trousseau Domaine Désiré-Petit : Another Jura. Color was even lighter than the Rolet. I thin ksome rosé are darker... A real pleasure to drink. A perfect expression of little strawberries, red berries, flowers, light herbs. In mouth, remind me some Pinot Noir from Bourgogne, but with lower acidity. Flavor are light but well defined in mouth. Not very long, but if you like little red fruits, this is perfect. TN : 86. Drinks too well...

2011 Malbec Altos Las Hormigas Mendoza : In my search of light typical wine, I bought this. Nice Malbec, with medium red color, and a nose of dark red berries, smoke, flowers, plums. No oak there (I think this is unoaked). In mouth, fresh and balanced, with good core of dark berries, light black licorice, yellow plums. Short to medium length, again drinks well, but for whatever reason, I perferred the previous wines. TN : 84.

Nic
dbg

Re: A Champagne and some under 20 $ wines from early 2013

Post by dbg »

I liked the '96 Henriot and found it very similar to your notes. Loved the'96 Henriot Enchanteleurs, though it was substantially pricier.