Some other TN, including inexpensive 05 and 09.

Nicklasss

Some other TN, including inexpensive 05 and 09.

Post by Nicklasss »

some other little wines, that deserve that we talk about them.

2005 Chateau d'Argadens : A Bordeaux supérieur, that was excellent and unexpected a few years ago. A bottle opened 2 weeks ago was very good, but you can see that after 7 years, the Bordeaux supérieur don't have 15 years ahead. Dark red color, with a nose that is now based on wet black berries, very earthy, leaves. In mouth, less seductive than 3 years ago, but still interesting with dark earth, berries, licorice, tar flavors. Medium to rough tannic dry finish. Well, I suppose dthis is normal. TN : 86.

2010 Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne : The dry white Bordeaux. It is written Sauvignon on the label, so I'm thinking it is 100 %. Light yellow, a very nice nose, with good concentration and freshness. Aromas of orange tree flowers, honey, lime, very light vanilla. Very unusual Sauvignon with herbs honey, orange skin, basil flavors, with nice ripeness and long aftertaste that is fresh, on lemon, and mineral on the very finish. A very nice wine, for only 16 $. I know I said that many time, but I prefer that type of dry white Bordeaux, than the expensice white Pessac-Léognan... That's very excellent. TN : 91.

2006 Mas Jullien : Probably the wine that impressed me the most in 2013 (up to now). I had the 2005 a few years ago, and while it was good, I did not understand why this could be one of the best producer of Languedoc. The 2006 was just a perfect mix and superbly drinkable red. Don't get me wrong, this is not a contest beast. This is just a nice red color wine, with a very nice complex nose of meat, red berries, herbs, minerals, flowers, more currants, violet flowers, light licorice. Very nice. In mouth, well it is just ugly good. Blackcurrants, flowers, perfumed, etheral, a bit meaty, musc, more ripe strawberries, with a medium presence in mouth, but very there, long, minerals and soft abundant tannic finish. Geez I liked that wine. Very few produce wine like that in Languedoc. but it hit a special spot. TN : 93.

2009 Chateau Serilhan : Very nice St-Estephe, dark red color, with nice aromas of concentrated dark berries, touch of tar, licorice, blueberries and minerals. In mouth, velvety, rich, but austere at the same time. Will be very good in 8-10 years I guess. I preferred the 2009 Chateau Clauzet, but this Serilhan is also a good wine. TN : 90.

2007 Chateau Mont-Redon : The Chateauneuf-du-Pape. I thought I would appreciate more that wine, as I liked very much the 2006, but the 2007 left me cold, with nice red with already a light brownish touch in the color. Nose was meaty, with some guarrigues herbs, and maybe a bit of cherries, but the fruit was not upfront. In mouth, Medium power, low acidity and tannins, cranberries flavors, with some herbs and small red cherries. All in all, maybe the match with the food have influenced negatively the wine (chicken with bokor sauce and fried noodle, kind of chinese food), but even if I drank some at the end by itself, it never turned on my attention. TN : 86.

Nic