TN : 05 Ramage 00 Latour à Pomerol

Nicklasss

TN : 05 Ramage 00 Latour à Pomerol

Post by Nicklasss »

This weekend, I had a few friends at home, as Marie-Claude is planned for a C-section on Ferbuary 21st, to give birth to our third (and normally last) baby. Also, after many years without Internet services at home, we will bring it back this week, so I'll try to participate more on BWE.

2005 Chateau Ramage la Batisse : A convenient and soft Haut-Médoc. Good blackberries and earthy nose, with a touch of old leather. A medium power nose. In mouth, blackcurrants, rasberries attack, that stay very balanced in mouth with touch of light oak. Some flowers too and black licorice on the final. Soft structure and convenient. Drink easily, a charming Bordeaux. TN : 87.

2000 Chateau Latour à Pomerol : A nice Pomerol, form the elegant very good to great 2000 vintage. Dark color, with aromas that are powerful and complex. Tones of violets flowers, blackberries, burned caramel, earthy truffles. Invading nose. In mouth, more power than the 05 Ramage, but medium power. Again, complexity is key and you can taste some flowers, red berries, black berries on the attack, with more minerals, earth, dry blueberries. The final is long and velevty, with soft tannins, medium acids and some mushrooms notes mixed with black prunes skins. Very good but, when analyzed correctly, a bit more power would have been better. TN : 90-91.

2009 Marsannay from René Bouvier : I had a Gevrey-Chambertin from that producer a few months ago and liked it. I must say that I did not liked very much this Marsannay. Medium dark red, the nose was full of sulphur, matches, rubber, sour rasberries and ashes. I tink something was wrong. In mouth, sulphur flavors, very rough mouth for a Pinot Noir, ashes, dark cranberries, rasberries. Nothing seductive here. It has been a long time since I had a wine that rebute me that much. TN : 70-71.

2010 Ventoux Les Traverses from Jaboulet : Seem that since this property (Jaboulet) has been bought by the Frey, quality improved almost immediately. Judging with that wine, that I drank over the weekdays, I might think it is true. That wine is dark red, and has a medium nose of garrigue herbs, dark red berries, ripe strawberries, and some little bit of somthing smoky. In mouth, low acidity, coating, but stay very aerial, flavors of light cinnamon, prunes, dry stones, not a lot of complexity in mouth, but very ok for the low price. Well done, very soft ripe tannins, short final on prunes. TN : 85.

Nic
stefan

Re: TN : 05 Ramage 00 Latour à Pomerol

Post by stefan »

Pre-congratulations, Nic.

Not a great showing for the Latour a Pomerol.
Nicklasss

Re: TN : 05 Ramage 00 Latour à Pomerol

Post by Nicklasss »

For the 00 Latour à Pomerol, I guess the final was velvety, but not structured at all or with that grainy texture that add some lenght and power to the Pomerol wines normally.

It was an excellent wine, but not great.

Nic