TN: Broad mix of wines over the past few weeks.

Harry C.

TN: Broad mix of wines over the past few weeks.

Post by Harry C. »

• 1996 Shafer Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (2/24/2013)
    Deep garnet. None of the funk of the last bottle. Cork was fairly dry but able to be removed (I have a humidity and Temp controlled cellar so I believe it is the cork used-may explain the wide range of opinions of this) This nose had the sweetness smelled in the HSS and anise and tobacco. Wonderful. Taste was all licorice with some hint of dried herbs. Beautiful (93 pts.)
  • 2008 Peter Michael Chardonnay Mon Plaisir - USA, California, Sonoma County, Knights Valley (2/16/2013)
    Pale gold. Nose of a vanilla cream over a ripe pear. Taste was smooth, similar to the nose with a touch of cinnamon sprinkled in. Excellent. (93 pts.)
  • 2000 Château Pipeau - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru (2/16/2013)
    Garnet. Nose was lovely and opened over the evening. Typical Bordeaux but at one point floral. Taste was initially thin with an acid finish, but with airing modest weight lesser Bordeaux. Good. (88 pts.)
  • 1998 Torbreck Run Rig - Australia, South Australia, Barossa, Barossa Valley (2/14/2013)
    Deep garnet. Nose was of berry and spices with a hint of tobacco. Taste was similar, touch acid finish. Good but better younger. (92 pts.)
  • 2002 Marcel Deiss Mambourg Grand Vin - France, Alsace, Alsace Grand Cru AOC (2/3/2013)
    oxydized NR (flawed)
  • 2002 Domaine Matrot Meursault Les Chevalières - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (1/26/2013)
    Yes, I drank a white Burgundy. Pale gold. Nose of lemon and apple pie. Taste was acidic, lemony other citrus fruits thrown in. Not bad. (89 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
Tom In DC

Re: TN: Broad mix of wines over the past few weeks.

Post by Tom In DC »

Thanks for the notes, Harry. Any way to suppress the label images? (At least you aren't including mega-sized images with acid-trip effects!)
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Re: TN: Broad mix of wines over the past few weeks.

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

I've had so few Burgundies of either color but of those it seems like an inordinate percentage have been Matrot (white and red) and I've been pleased with them all. Pretty sure I had the village 02 Matrot Meursault (though it may have been the Chevalieres) and liked it a lot.