Recent Purchases

AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Recent Purchases

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

Just to take the edge off the very intense, existential threads we have going now.

2008 Figeac. Yeah, call me easy, but after that 81-pt or whatever score was leaked I could not help myself.
1989 Cadet Piola. It's the t*ts! A serious question: if this has really been merged with Soutard, which label should they keep?
2006 Lagrange. "The best Lagrange I have tasted since the sublime 2002."
2006 Latour a Pomerol. This name showed up in another thread as once having made someone cry, or perhaps make other water inappropriately. Thought I'd give it a shot. Also, apparently Pomerol fared well generally in 06.
Bacchus

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Bacchus »

Funny you should ask, just got home with a single bottle of 2006 Domain de l'A. Just want to see how the 06 is developing.
Last edited by Bacchus on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Mixed case of the 2010 Baudry Chinon cuvees.
2010 Clape Cornas (bought before Uncle Bob ruined it before scoring it 100!) - preorder, arrived yesterday.
2010 Chevillon Nuits-St.-Georges Pruliers
And a 6'er of Chapoutier's La Croix de Bila Haut (Lapidum, Cotes Catalanes and Blanc)

An expensive Sunday . . . :(
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

I blame Bacchus, but I just ordered some 2010 Ch. Brown and 2010 Ch. Seguin, both from Pessac Leognan.

Need some QPRs from that appellation.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Very well done indeed Orlando Robert.

I'm with you on the 2002 and 2006, Hound. Best Lagranges of the decade, followed closely by the 2007.

The 2005 d'La was a beauty, Bacchus, curious to hear about the 2006.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

You're welcome, Robert, glad to be of service. I see you took out a second mortgage on the house today! Nice. Wife must be happy. You realize, don't you, that these recent purchases will only mean you'll have that mooch BobbyG hanging around your place even more frequently than before! Be that as it may, since we're not nothing if not mutually supportive here on BWE, you shouldn't be alone on the financial precipice, I might join you in some economic tom foolery and order 1/2 case of 2009 Lynch Bages. Who was it that "demonstrated" that vintages that end in the same number share the same level of quality?! See where I'm going with this? :-)
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

I hope to open that 06 de l'A sometime this week, Jim; maybe even tomorrow. I never did have the 05.
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

You guys are gonna break me!

I'm just a poor country lawyer. Jim rolls in lobsters while I live among Armadillos (and BobbyGs).
Last edited by OrlandoRobert on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yes. Yes, Orlando Robert. Yes we are.
Winona Chief

Post by Winona Chief »

AlohaArtakaHoundsong wrote: 1989 Cadet Piola. It's the t*ts! A serious question: if this has really been merged with Soutard, which label should they keep?
Sure is. I would certainly keep the Cadet Piola label - one of my favorites. Wine wasn't too bad either - drank quite a few bottles of 1970-1982 Cadet Piola.

Chris Bublitz
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Lmao....thank u for the Rodney Dangerfield designation....Bacchus and Orlandorobert...u 2 need to get a room ;)

'06 Lagrange
'06 jadot clos st. Denis... birth yr. purchase for my son Cage
'10 labegorce...birth yr. purchase for my daughter Jett
'00 Leroy beaune 1er marconnets
'01 Marques de riscal gran reserva
Last edited by robert goulet on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Orlandorobert is getting cocky after he was just featured in the latest issue of Orlando magazine....listed as one of the best of the best of the best of the best'ist attorneys of doing awesome attorney stuff. It's a very obscure but very important title I can assure u this...put a guy in front of a shelf filled with rows of out dated britannicas and look what happens!!! As we speak he is probably figuring out a way to get the picture of him on a plaque and onto what i have dubbed (his wall of modesty) God luv him...I do
Last edited by robert goulet on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Recently bought:

2010 Clos Floridene.
2009 Oltre from Pio Cesare (majority of Nebbiolo, with slight addition of Barbera, Cabernet and Merlot).
2009 Gevrey-Chambertin Mes Favorites Vieilles Vignes (what a nice drink).
2009 Gewurztraminer from Alois Ladeger.
2009 Trilogie de Château St.-Georges (Will send a picture to AlexR of this one, to send to Petrus Desbois who had dinner with us, while I was in Bordeaux last December).

I plan to buy some more 2009 Gevrey-Chambertin...

Lurking at the Bourgogne offer of the provincial Winestore Saq. I might try to get some 2009 Domaine Romanée-Conti wines as the prices are high but fair compared to the World market...

And for Robert Goulet, my son is born in 2010 as well, so we'll have to try some 2010 with them, together, down the road...
Last edited by Nicklasss on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Nic as long as u keep your pants up we have a deal! Lol
DRC? Deep pockets my friend, deep pockets. I wish I could pull the trigger on that
Last edited by robert goulet on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

robert goulet wrote:Orlandorobert is getting cocky after he was just featured in the latest issue of Orlando magazine....listed as one of the best of the best of the best of the best'ist attorneys of doing awesome attorney stuff. It's a very obscure but very important title I can assure u this...put a guy in front of a shelf filled with rows of out dated britannicas and look what happens!!! As we speak he is probably figuring out a way to get the picture of him on a plaque and onto what i have dubbed (his wall of modesty) God luv him...I do
Modesty is for the meek, who inherit nothing. Be brave, my friend, to go forth and conquer. Then drink heavily.
stefan

Post by stefan »

1975 La Lagune
1996 Panther Creek Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir
2004 J K Carriere Wines Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
1989 Suduiraut
2011 Jadot Puligny Garenne
2008 Chapoutier Cote Rotie Mordoree
2011 Chevillon NSG Chaignots
1983 Lynch-Bages
2003 St. Innocent Seven Springs Vineyard Pinot Noir
2003 St. Innocent Seven Springs Vineyards Special Selection Pinot Noir

That is everything I have bought this year other than a couple of petits chateaux I wanted to taste! It is hard to believe that I have been so good.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Stefan, looks like you're saving up for that wine room Lucie is dreaming about...