TN: 2009 Gevrey-Chambertin Mes Favorites from Burguet

Nicklasss

TN: 2009 Gevrey-Chambertin Mes Favorites from Burguet

Post by Nicklasss »

Tonight, as everything's messy (the kids a crazy, not listening to anything, always waking up the baby), I thought it couldn't be worst, so I'll open a Bourgogne. it was a good choice.

The 2009 Gevrey-Chambertin Mes Favorites from Alain Burguet is a very nice wine. Color is medium dark red, with dead roses petal red rims. Very niçe visually. The nose is intense and complex, with crushed super ripe strawberries, old roses, red berries, sour dark red cherries, some soft spices from the oak. in mouth, medium concentration Pinot flavors, on dark red berries, leaves, light sweet oak, light rasberries. In one block, the wine deserve few years in the cellar but is excellent today anyway. Medium structure, light tannins, but dense final on roasted cherries, light kirsch and soil minerals. Medium long. Well have to say, this is an excellent wine. TN: 91-92.

A very nice Monday night wine.

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: TN: 2009 Gevrey-Chambertin Mes Favorites from Burguet

Post by Nicklasss »

On the second day, aromas are more complex with some cigar tobacco and meat, in supplement to the already complex mixture. Mouth is still rich, with some grape flavors. What a nice wine!

Nic
jmccready

Post by jmccready »

Great notes, an escape from Bordeaux/Parker argument, although the discussion has merit. Has there ever been a Bordeaux made
that can stand up to a great Burgundy? Jim
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Hi,

You wrote ". Has there ever been a Bordeaux made that can stand up to a great Burgundy?"

I've just come back from a week of intensive tastingin Burgundy (mostly Côtes de Nuits).

I had some very good wines, lots of grands crus.
But, I assure you, Bordeaux has quality on a par with the best of them!

Alex R.
jmccready

Post by jmccready »

I agree Alex. Just like to throw that comment in once in a while to heckle those who have given up on Burgundy. Will
be tasting an "08 Clerc Milon later today. Haven't had many o8s. Does it fall somewhere between 04 and 05in weight?
Will post my modest impressions later. But it is only one wine. JM