Few TN in Montréal

Nicklasss

Few TN in Montréal

Post by Nicklasss »

Visiting my brother this week-end, it is time to open some bottles of wines, as with six kids with us (my brother has three boys, I have two girls and one boy), there is always someone screaming/crying. This develop our patience, but we will be deaf before fifty years old...

With cassoulet thursday, started with an 05 Ridge Lytton Springs, that was nice but a bit light for that producers. Zin berries, vanilla, warm rasberries, with a fruity soft mouth. Good but not a great bottle of Ridge. tN: 87.

Second bottle was the 2007 Atal Sia, a Corbière from 100 years old Carignan vines. Good rasberry sauce, heated rocks, and red berries. medium body, drinks well with it lightly herbaceous flavors, rasberries and charcoal taste. Not very complex and proved that old vines dont always give something astonishing. TN : 87.

More to come later, we're leaving for a visit to the cabane à sucre.

Nic
Bacchus

Re: Few TN in Montréal

Post by Bacchus »

Nic, your description of the wines doesn't do much for me, but the cabane à sucre is bringing back fond memories of when I lived in Quebec. Tire d'érable and tart au sucre -- best ever! You guys down south don't know what you're missing!
Jay Winton

Re: Few TN in Montréal

Post by Jay Winton »

Nicklasss wrote:Visiting my brother this week-end, it is time to open some bottles of wines, as with six kids with us (my brother has three boys, I have two girls and one boy), there is always someone screaming/crying. This develop our patience, but we will be deaf before fifty years old...Nic
Sounds like a description of the BWE convention :lol: