Will I drink wine for Eastern?

Nicklasss

Will I drink wine for Eastern?

Post by Nicklasss »

Since last saturday, I'm kind of really sick. Big flu that started at my brother's place. Had a tough time driving back home tuesday. The kids we're sick too (Simone and Julien). So wednesday see the doctor and Simone has a big sinus flu, Julien a pneumonia (2 in 3 month). Later, Béatrice started to have fiever and she's at the hospital since than. For 48 hours minimum.

I know it is part of family life, but geez I hâte it. Hope everyones will switch from sick to healthy soon.

Nic
Jay Winton

Re: Will I drink wine for Eastern?

Post by Jay Winton »

Open a nice bottle when you feel better! Remember, with three kids you're now outnumbered.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Unfortunately Nic you are going to be sick more than not until the kids are well into grade school. All the bugs they bring in from daycare makes it a nonstop pool of pestulance that you will be dealing with for years to come. Don't get discouraged now because it's just the beginning of a long process I'm afraid. Every parent if they can remember that far back will not forget the number of colds/flus/ear infections the kids brought in and had to share with mom and dad. Oh the joys of parenthood...few and far between I'm afraid.

I'd suggest pulling a nice bottle for Easter however being all stuffed up sure takes away from your ability to taste so it's discouraging.

Good luck and we'll be thinking of the joys of Easter and parenthood at the Maltais home.
Danny
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

Wow - quite a patch of bad luck, but it'll turn around soon!
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Béatrice out of hospital yesterday morning, Simone and Julien conditions are improving, but for my part, I had the obligation to open a 2009 Domaine de la Rectorie rosé, as I'm feeling a bit better, but my nose is still plugged... Hope I can take revenge with a good bottle in two or three more days.

Nic
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Glad to hear all are on the mend, Nic.