Wine Artifact Napa Visit

spikegrhm

Wine Artifact Napa Visit

Post by spikegrhm »

Hi, This is Rupert Packer III of The Wine Artifact returning from my annual review of Napa which I conduct each year in the last week of March.The growers in Napa are currently finishing the last of the picking in the vineyards as the owners hurry to harvest all fruit prioir to bud break. Many are trying to figure a way to let the fruit hang longer stil - more on that in my nest release. The 2022-2023 season has been exceptional with temps averageing over 115 F thru the summer on into the fall and winter with nary a day dropping below 70 F. Most growers are seeing Brix of over 100 which bodes for ABV in the 50-60 per cent range ( or over 100 proof as I like to say). Most owners are now fermenting the fruit in the truck on the way to the winery using Sahara yeast which holds up oh so well to high ABV. Most winermakers complete the fermemtation overnight and bottle the wine pre-daybreak in order to have bottles available for the all important April 1 season release. As a result, I am now tasting the grapes in the field during the last week of March and releasing my all important Packer Pouints on-line on April 1. With some of these wines having already aged from between 24-48 hours, this vintage should be rocking! None of this years releases have rated below a 100, with Barking Beagle having exceeded that lofty 110 mark and garnering the first ever 115! My tasting notes show a nose of circus taffy laced with napalm, strapped to a wine faintly resembling the embalming fluid of ancient Egyptians elegantly unctously and emphatically mixed with cherry cough syrup. Drink ASAP and cellar for up to 12 days. Barking Beagle has notified those on THE LIST that it is available in 24 1.6 ounce miniature bottles at a price using the typical modern Napa formula ( the GDP of Uraguay plus the market cap of all Berkshire Hathaway B shares divided by the number of honest and honorable Washington poloticians ). Please read the rest of my report on The Wine Artifact web-site for only $9,999.00 with a $2.50 discount for members of the Huffnagle Junior High Glee Club of Yousmackee, Iowa. Cheers, Rup
DavidG

Re: Wine Artifact Napa Visit

Post by DavidG »

Another Packerized vintage. Can't say I'm surprised. Oh how I miss the days of 17% Pinots and $750 cults. At least I've been able to clear out my cellar, since nothing ages any more. It's a good thing, cuz I can't afford the carbon tax to cool the whole house. We just turn on the Breezaire at night and sleep in there.
Michael-P

Re: Wine Artifact Napa Visit

Post by Michael-P »

OMG that was funny! Thanks!

Michael-P