2009 Domaine de Chevalier

Bacchus

2009 Domaine de Chevalier

Post by Bacchus »

Holy mother Ishtar this is a nice wine. I think I like it better than the Duhart. What an elegant, balanced, complex, and finesse oriented wine. Name a fruit, be it red, black or blue and you will find it. Smoke, cedar, graphite, oyster, rock dust, cocoa, it's hard to list them all. Yet this is no fruit bomb; nor is it a mineral bomb, not is it alcoholic hot (13.5%) - balance is the word. Like the Giscours it has intense flavours, yet it's not thick or cloying. The flavours are clean and crisp, but by no means tart. All very new and primary of course. Although I've had no opportunity to taste any of the 1sts, this is one of my favourite 09s so far. If you're worried that Bdx is all spoof, you need to try this. Not acerbic, not vegetative, not sweet, yet sweet tannins. Elegant! Superior. If there is one thing I wish it had, it would be a little more back-end grip. Better than the 05 (as I recall it), and I like the 05. Makes me anticipate the 2010. Can't help but want to know how the 2010 worked out.
stefan

Re: 2009 Domaine de Chevalier

Post by stefan »

Maybe something is right in Bordeauxland after all.
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

That note just gave me wood!

Though, BobbyG just left the house so I may be feeling a little amorous.

We knocked back some bruisers. Notes tomorrow, as I hurt right now. I was just challenged to a push-up contest by my 14-year-old son and his buddy, them knowing I was a bit toasted. 41 baby (5 with claps). they lost. I feel sick.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Currently, I enjoyed '06 better than the '05 by a considerable margin
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

That's because 2006 is a better vintage than 2005.
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Give the 05 some time; it's not really awake right now. 06 is good in the meantime.