2010 Pommard Les Combes Agnès Paquet

Nicklasss

2010 Pommard Les Combes Agnès Paquet

Post by Nicklasss »

Michael Malinoski post showed me the way for a Bourgogne tonight.

I did not go to Morey Saint-Denis, but selected a pretty young Pommard from that unknown but very good producer. Agnès Paquet produce only Bourgogne, Auxey-Duresses and Pommard, I think. Small producer but she produces wines that are very very Côté de Beaune to me, and very genuine. Her 2009 Bourgogne, Auxey and Pommard were all excellent and very Burgundians.

This 2010 follow the same way. A medium red color, with a light touch of old red rims. Very Burgundian nose, with red berries, ripe cranberries, fading peony, dark red sour cherries and soft minerals. Medium intensity nose, as the wine is very young. Mouth has a nice tension, with a medium attack on sour cheries, red berries, something from the vegetation (is it green anis or basil?), with medium tannins, and a medium final on sour ripe strawberries and red currants. Final is short to medium, probably the young âge and\or the vintage. Very decent, excellent genuine, very true to the AOC.

Nic
stefan

Re: 2010 Pommard Les Combes Agnès Paquet

Post by stefan »

A Pommard that tastes like a Beaune?
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I would say yes and no. That's true, not a very masculine or gamey village Pommard. But the tannic structure is there, more than in a village Beaune. And I don't perceived any oak, always good for my palate.

Nic
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

3 days after, leftover still very very good.

Nic