The death spot

Nicklasss

The death spot

Post by Nicklasss »

Very quiet on BWE lately. What's going on?

I will open a little Pinot Grigio tonight and report!

Nic
RDD

Re: The death spot

Post by RDD »

I've been waiting for you to come visit.

I've been brewing and playing blues in the clubs.

Did have a great 1990 Seghesio Barolo La Villa last week. Tar and rose petals.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

I am spending a week in the Port wine country and will try to report next week.

Am presently sipping a 40 year old tawny. Too bad I can't smoke a good cigar to go with it at the hôtel.

Alex R.
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

I'm here!

Came back home after a lunch eye doctor appointment where they dialated the heck out of my eyes leaving me partially blinded and with a headache. So of course I have to drink something. Had some very strong 2010 Baudry Domaine from Chinon. Incredible how good the entry wine is in this vintage.

So question for you bombers. Going to a business retreat tomorrow where a Cali wine snob partner of mine is bringing one of those gazillion Parker point cult wines, a 2006 Schrader. He is challenging me to a 100-point duel. I have a lot of 100 point CDP from 07 that may appeal to a Cali drinker or perhaps just bring a really mature quality Bdx like 89 Pichon Baron,

Thoughts?
RDD

Post by RDD »

OrlandoRobert wrote:I'm here!

Came back home after a lunch eye doctor appointment where they dialated the heck out of my eyes leaving me partially blinded and with a headache. So of course I have to drink something. Had some very strong 2010 Baudry Domaine from Chinon. Incredible how good the entry wine is in this vintage.

So question for you bombers. Going to a business retreat tomorrow where a Cali wine snob partner of mine is bringing one of those gazillion Parker point cult wines, a 2006 Schrader. He is challenging me to a 100-point duel. I have a lot of 100 point CDP from 07 that may appeal to a Cali drinker or perhaps just bring a really mature quality Bdx like 89 Pichon Baron,

Thoughts?

Tough one.
If he's really into California he'll be looking for clean deep jammy fruit. So I think an over the top CDP would get his attention.
An aged Bordeaux may not get a Wow factor from him and takes more time to evaluate. A thinking man's wine.
Anyway that's my opinion.
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

I think that's the right call, RDD. I've narrowed it to the 2007 Janasse Vieille Vignes or the 2007 Usseglio mon Aieul. Will probably do the Janasse since it drinks like a liquor!
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

OrlandoRobert, I would also go with the 07 Janasse VV. The 06 is something huge.

RDD, would like to go to NC, but won't be in 2013. With Béatrice now at 2.5 months and a big challenge at work (starting an aluminium smelter from our latest technology) this summer, no holidays. And we're breaking records here, 120 miles North of Québec City: it was 31 Celsius today... After a week around 24 Celsius. I don't support heat like you people from the south. Tough to drink wine under those temperature. But there are snow forecast Sunday night...

Nic
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

I preferred the '06 VV and Chaupin to their '07 brethren. I think the '07 will suit this specific purpose better. It's a biggie.

Back to the Baudry. I think every 2010 Baudry cuvee is worthy of a case purchase. They are that good. The base domaine is ridiculously good and cost all of $18. Just wow.
RDD

Post by RDD »

Nicklasss wrote:OrlandoRobert, I would also go with the 07 Janasse VV. The 06 is something huge.

RDD, would like to go to NC, but won't be in 2013. With Béatrice now at 2.5 months and a big challenge at work (starting an aluminium smelter from our latest technology) this summer, no holidays. And we're breaking records here, 120 miles North of Québec City: it was 31 Celsius today... After a week around 24 Celsius. I don't support heat like you people from the south. Tough to drink wine under those temperature. But there are snow forecast Sunday night...

Nic
You are always welcome to come visit. In fact anyone is.
But I made a commitment to Nic (and Jim I think) years ago and the bottle of 1990 Château Beauséjour-Duffau-Lagarrosse is still resting waiting for a visit.
In addition there is Porter,ESB,IPA and Maibach on tap.
Then we'll go out and play music with some of the best undiscovered bands you've never heard of.
I played like a God last night or maybe it was just too much beer as my head hurts.

Cheers.
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

We're busy planning a major kitchen renovation and we'll move to the beach for most of the summer (with a family visit in July) so if anyone is visiting the Delaware shore, let me know. Several restaurants allow corkage so beach offlines are a go!
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Hey Jay who does corkage in Rehoboth?

In OC, Horizons has a low $5 or $10 corkage fee, and they've got some well-stored great aged Bordeaux at great prices.
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

DavidG wrote:Hey Jay who does corkage in Rehoboth?

In OC, Horizons has a low $5 or $10 corkage fee, and they've got some well-stored great aged Bordeaux at great prices.
Big Fish, Summerhouse, Salt Air. Lupa da mare all do. Technically in DE it's not allowed but it's a rule that doen not seem to be enforced. I've heard about Horizons so we'll plan a get together this summer. Maybe we could get some other BWEs to join us!
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

My computer died. I got the flu. I went to Maui. I forgot my AlohaArt password. I'm paddling a canoe four times a week. I haven't been drinking much Bdx lately. The dog ate my homework. That is all.