2010 Clos des Fous

Nicklasss

2010 Clos des Fous

Post by Nicklasss »

In my ever exploring tendencies with wine, I have learned to try, taste, try, and taste again, a wine, before emiting my judgment. But reading can help, especially comments from the regular people, instead of critics. Some positive comments brought me to buy bottles of the 2010 Clos des Fous. Even If the name sound french, this is an association of French and chilean people, that select high terroir in south of Chile, to produced Cabernet Sauvignon unoaked, with good acidity.

Well that 2010 Clos des Fous is an amazing wine. Deep red Cabernet Sauvignon, fresh nose that is very complex, with dung, smoke, blackcurrants, dark rasberries, red pepper, light chocolate and strong minerals. Medium power, but mindboggling nose. In mouth, the very strong mineral that are rocky and balanced with dark berries, eucalyptus, dark chocolate, good acidity, refined tannins with a long dry prunes and and mineral finish. Long. I would say that you need to try that wine, If you can find it. It will change forever your perception of Chilean Cabernet, and that a 19$ wine as impressive as this makes you wonder why some wines cost 1000$?

I would say that this is probably one of the best red from Chile I had.

Nic