A.Henriques TourigaNat-Baga-Merlot

jmccready

A.Henriques TourigaNat-Baga-Merlot

Post by jmccready »

Never thought I would be posting a Portuguese red as I have only had 2 the last 5 years. But what a pleasing wine.
Lively red berry fruits in nose with light currants. Oh yes, a 2008 vintage and 14.5% but it doesn't show unless you
read the label and then look for it. Round and easy on the palate with happy fruit, a real nice softness. About an
equal blend of all three grapes. Any info out there on Baga? Just filling in during this dead zone in the posting.
BWE Dallas must have tuckered out some of the heavy-weights. JM
AlexR

Re: A.Henriques TourigaNat-Baga-Merlot

Post by AlexR »

Hi,

I just got back from a week in the Douro and am shipping 3 cases of wine from there to my house (can't exactly take them on the plane...).

A suprising number of bottles are red table wines made from Port grapes.

Yes, I too was suprised that Portugal made such good dry red wines.

Best regards,
Alex R.
jmccready

Post by jmccready »

With a second as prestigious as yours I will try them more often and report. Hope you keep us posted too. If not on specific wines
at least a general look at the region/country. These seem to meet a lot of needs for generous wines that are not overly complicated. JM
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

I haven't paid much attention to the group, but Dow's Vale do Bomfim has been a crowd pleaser for its $10-15 price range.
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

A 1968 Caves Velhas Garrafeira was my aged wine epiphany and it was only 16 years old or so at the time.