TN: Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet Rouge 2009

Chasse-Spleen

TN: Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet Rouge 2009

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet Rouge 2009

Deep purple color and full-bodied, this wine is a poster child for its vintage. Currants, berries, hints of earth on the nose along with 'pinot fruit,' a unique fruit smell for me. Very rich in the mouth, very ripe and muscular. Tannins are still hanging around a bit but you wouldn't call this tannic at four years of age. Good balance but more towards the low acid side. More currants, berries, subtle spices, and earth in the mouth. Long, tannic finish. I guess that's where the tannins were hiding. Very different from the 2002 which I just loved, that wine soaring on strawberries and a medium bodied, ethereal personality. This is much more masculine, reminding me more of a Cotes du Nuits, from one of the big boys. Great value at around $34 at Sherry-Lehman. They always carry it and any Burg lover would be crazy not to try it. Gettin' a little modern but hey, it's a modern world. One of my favorite wines.
The accompanying tune: Situations Vacant by The Kinks
-Chasse
Nicklasss

Re: TN: Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet Rouge 2009

Post by Nicklasss »

Unfortunately, not available here, but I would like to try. I have drank few times white Ramonet, and liked them.

Nic
stefan

Post by stefan »

White Ramonet is fantastic, but I see that I have been missing something by avoiding his red.
jal

Post by jal »

I thought the 2008 was an acidic tannic mess. I bought it online by mistake thinking it was the white Chassagne. Hoping it recovers in due time.
Best

Jacques