Pinot time

Nicklasss

Pinot time

Post by Nicklasss »

Tonight, a warm day in Saguenay, i crack open a bottle of the 2010 Givry 1er Cru Clos de Choue, from Domaine Chofflet-Valdenaire. Unknown Domaine from me, but I liked the light Côte Chalonnaise wine. Very Pinot, with a residual small CO2, nose of cherries, cranberries, red berries, with something herbal, flowers (reseda) and light oak. In mouth, light, but with a nice fruity ouch, mainly on cherry flavors, spicy cranberries, acidity, minerals, and decent final on some spices and light cinnamon. Lately, I think I slightly preferred the 2010 Santenay le temps des cerises from Domaine Olivier, but this Givry was quite good, on a light style.

Nic
robert goulet

Re: Pinot time

Post by robert goulet »

I love this soft givry's, beautiful and elegant at times and some show good structure....Michel Sarrazin champs lalot was my go to burg for this area....this wine could charm a cobra
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

I love this soft givry's, beautiful and elegant at times and some show good structure....Michel Sarrazin champs lalot was my go to burg for this area....this wine could charm a cobra, so delicate and pretty
jmccready

Post by jmccready »

Remoissenet had a great Givry. They can be light and satisfying or more full and take age nicely. One of Burgundys better values. A lot
of selenium in the soil there, which gave me a reason to open more than one bottle a night back in the late 80's and early 90's with
salmon. The protective effect of that wine in those two decades should help me live a lot longer-providing a little excess is good for you
as some practitioners say. Just rambling here.Now drinking a 2010 Bourg. rouge, Maison Roche de Bellene . Quite full on the palate for this
lower classification, nice cherries with racy acidity. Can take a little time and would likely develop some secondaries. Lot more fun drinking
selenium than taking the tablet. Time for another glass of Bellene.