Can it, Bordeaux!

DavidG

Can it, Bordeaux!

Post by DavidG »

I had a Cali sparkler from a can last week. Not very good. Can Bordeaux do better?
jmccready

Re: Can it, Bordeaux!

Post by jmccready »

Why would you risk your reputation by drinking a Cali fizz from a can and talk about it? What were you drinking
when you posted this ?
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Got into Chicago late for meetings. The organizer had had the hotel put a welcome cheese and fruit plate in the room, and a 187 ml of canned fizz accompanied it. Curiosity got the better of me... The cheeses were actually very good, though.
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

We drank "wine in a juice box" the last time we were in Yosemite...I think the brand was Bandit.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, Jim -- some times you just need to get your drink on!
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

Actually, wine in a box is an excellent vehicle as wine does not deteriorate for a couple of weeks and is great when you want just a glass or two (uncommon around here I realize). I drank a few boxes of a nice 2007 CDR a few years ago and loved the concept. Unfortunately, in the USA, nothing of any real quality (I think) is boxed. I believe Europe is different.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Sparkling Bordeaux AKA Crémant de Bordeaux.
I have to admit it, guys, there's decent stuff, but nothing really to write home about.

Bag-in-box: yup, there's some decent drinking stuff here. Ideal for people who have small quantities over a long period. Wine keeps pretty well.

Alex R.