1989 Duhart Milon

stefan

1989 Duhart Milon

Post by stefan »

Lafite has been my favorite Bordeaux wine for a long time. However, I have always preferred the secondary classified growth wines in the Mouton stable, Clerc Milon and D'Armailhac, to Duhart Milon. The wine we drank tonight is forcing me to rethink that. The '89 Duhart is a lovely and enticing Pauillac. The fruit is very sweet in this firmly structured wine. The nose is a bit shy, but the flavors develop as you swish the wine around in the mouth and they hold well. Still young, the secondary characteristics are undeveloped, which makes me wish I had more of this beauty to drink a few years from now. stefan 92.
AlexR

Re: 1989 Duhart Milon

Post by AlexR »

Stefan,

My "prejudice" concerning D.H. is much the same as yours. So thanks for sharing.

I've got a bottle of the 2000 and the 2001 in the cellar.

Perhaps I'll give the latter a spin soon.

Alex R.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

The 2000 is among my more memorable wines.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Thanks for the input on the 2000, Aloha.

How long would you keep it before opening?

Nic
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

I think it can be enjoyed now, so it's up to you and how many bottles you have. I think I only purchased three or four. If I have two left (and they are not with me) I would be OK consuming another one now. If just one, I'd probably haul it out in three-five years, or maybe wait until 2020 just to mark the anniversary of the vintage.