Tarlant and 09 Chanson Beaune

Nicklasss

Tarlant and 09 Chanson Beaune

Post by Nicklasss »

Last night, dinner with Marie-Claude's parents, I was in a good mood as the kids were quiet and weather was very nice.

We started with a Champagne, the Tarlant Nature Brut Zero. Zéro dosage. This Champagne is very dry, with a nice zesty nose of yeast, bread, green apples and mineral. The mouth is less complex, not so tasty, but with nice tone of flowers and minerals. Good acidity but very very dry on the final and not very long. On the warm evening, it was ok.

With the meal, i opened a bottle of the 2009 Chanson Beaune 1er Cru Clos des Mouches. A very niçe wine. Color is kind of old red, with a superb nose of red berries, cherries, çranberries, meat, kirsch, vegetals and very rich tones of creamy pomegranate. In mouth, very Beaune, with a nice mix of red berries, vegetals, something animal (light Mask), and minerals. Ripe tannins, more fruits like cherries, and a superb long final on red licorice, minerals, and juice currants. I think I still prefer wines from the Côte de Nuit, but that Beaune was an extraordinary wine, and will hold and develop for a long time.

Lately, my thirst for Champagne came back. And for red Bourgogne too, especially when the days are warm.

My brother will be here next weekend, after hé send two weeks in Lake Georges (NY), Washington (DC) and Océan View (NJ). We'll open some nice bottles...

Nic
jmccready

Re: Tarlant and 09 Chanson Beaune

Post by jmccready »

If you drink two glasses of champagne, two glasses of good red burgundy, and finish with a glass
of great Bordeaux every evening, you will live to be an old man(or woman). You will not get this kind of advice anywhere else
but here. I hope you appreciate it. JM
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

I would personally go for one glass of Champagne and two glasses of Bordeaux! But I can also be flexible. :)
sdr

Post by sdr »

Nice, work, Nic.

The "regular" NV Tarlant is my go-to champagne whenever I want something really nice but not crazy expensive. It's usually a three-vintage blend, but that information is not on the bottle or back label. I loaded up several years ago on the '95/'96/'97 blend and it's even better now.

Stuart