How's everything in Napa, Michael-P?

JimHow

How's everything in Napa, Michael-P?

Post by JimHow »

...?

I want a report.
dstgolf

Re: How's everything in Napa, Michael-P?

Post by dstgolf »

Is new Napa home renoed? Ready for visitors? I'm sure you're happy to be back and out of Saudi!!

Danny
Danny
Michael-P

Post by Michael-P »

We are spending most weekends (and me a few weekdays) at the house (rustic log cabin) in Napa. It needs lots of repairs and finding good contractors has proven unbelievably difficult. The major things, including leaks, are still undone. But no renovations until I am employed again.

The guest bedroom is nearly done and kind of nice although small, the guest bathroom is fully functional if a bit tired and rustic, but the second guest bedroom has only a thick featherbed on the floor for guests and no door on the room. At least no guests have complained yet! So capacity is 3 couples, until people start sleeping on the livingroom floor or outside on the deck.

The cellar room design (in the garage and no racks until I am employed again) is done and cellar room contractor chosen, but the cooling guys are narrowed to two and I am waiting for revised designs and pricing.

It's in the town of Napa, so one advantage is walking to downtown for drinks and dinner. Disadvantage is its not on top of a mountain or in the middle of a vineyard.

Yes, glad to be back in the Bay Area and we are always open for BWE visitors.

Maybe we should do a BWE-SF event there?

Michael-P
jmccready

Post by jmccready »

MP-do you have a favourite small winery (probably new) tasting stop you favour. Will be out there July 11 thru 14 for
the Opus-Overture tasting party. We have plenty of other tastings but new wineries have been opening for a long time.
Just curious. JM
Michael-P

Post by Michael-P »

JM:

Send me a private email through BWE and I'll suggest a few. I have only been back a few months, so still catching up with the new wineries myself!

Michael-P