Other TN from the last week-end, with my bro

Nicklasss

Other TN from the last week-end, with my bro

Post by Nicklasss »

Saturday night, dinner with friends.

Pascal Doquet Blanc de blancs Champagne : for the same price, I preferred that medium rich style to the very dry Tarlant Nature Brut Zéro. Creamy aromas of bread crust, pears, yellow apple and butter. In mouth, kinda rich, but with nice mousse and good fruit. Final is medium long, light mineral and yellow flower ( sunflower?). Very good and I'll buy more. TN : 91.

2005 Domaine Grand Veneur : dark red, but I don't understand how a wine with 70% grenache can be dominated by Black licorice and anis like that on the nose and mouth. Concentrated but not enough complexity. TN : 84.

2011 Ridge Vineyard East Bench Zinfandel : 100% Zin, and i can see some similarities with some Venetia red. Bitter cherries, smokes, red berries, light spices, with a mouth that is rich, with concentrated cherries, wood, Black berries, low acidity, but something straight on the final that made it more elegance than some italian wines. Very good, but the extra dollars for the Lytton Springs or Geyserville are deserved. TN : 86.

On Sunday, dinner at my parents place.

Will continue, later...
Chasse-Spleen

Re: Other TN from the last week-end, with my bro

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

Domaine Grand Veneur is a basic CDR? I will have to try it. I think we sell it at my job for around $10. It's impressive that a 2005 CDR at that level would last for 8 years.

Chasse
Chasse-Spleen

Re: Other TN from the last week-end, with my bro

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

OK, so its $15, and its called Reserve Grand Veneur by Alaine Jaume & Fils.