2000 Branaire Ducru

William P

2000 Branaire Ducru

Post by William P »

2000 Branaire Ducru

Nose: Popped and poured. Looks young, still has a ruby edge. The scent is of floral sweetness and leather. Very pleasant.

Medium bodied on the lighter side, no sign of bloat/fat. Medium concentration. Some may feel it's too lean.

Enough acid for balance, still some tannins but evolving downwards. Tannins are neither round nor aggressive but they are a tad dry. It's at a nice place.

On the palate I am tasting berry, and hint of plum, earth and cedar. You can tasted the changes of age.
Very nice finish maybe 15 seconds or longer.

It will be interesting to watch this bottle evolve over the afternoon. This is very nice classic bordeaux. It's approaching it's plateau but it's far from mature. Maybe another five years before it's at its peak. A very fine wine.

Hope everyone is well. I haven't been posting much because haven't been drinking anything super of late. Regards to all.
William P

Re: 2000 Branaire Ducru

Post by William P »

The wine continues to evolve in the glass. It put on some weight. Tannins fully integrated. Nose added a hint of anise. Very enjoyable.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Good to hear from you Bill. Sounds like a really nice bottle. I've started dipping into a few of my earlier-maturing 2000s. Don't have any Branaire Ducru but Giscours, Prieure Lichine and Sociando Mallet have all shown well recently. So has Leoville Poyferre but I think it has even better days ahead.
finner

Post by finner »

Bill,
Thanks for your brief impressions on this wine and vintage.