1996 Ch. Lafon Rochet

William P

1996 Ch. Lafon Rochet

Post by William P »

Popped and poured this to celebrate the end of our master bath/bedroom remodel.

Wonderful nose. A medium bodied wine with medium concentration. Acidity adds a bright note that put this in the older style of wine. No complaints from me. The acid adds that mouthwatering feeling, slightly tart, and juicy. Superbly balanced. Tannins which until a year ago were brutish/aggressive have begun to recede. Long full aftertaste. Precise, clean, fulfilling.

This is not near its apex but it is coming into it prime in another few years. If you have this one, you will be happy.

Bill
JimHow

Re: 1996 Ch. Lafon Rochet

Post by JimHow »

Thanks for the update, Bill, on this BWE favorite. I'll hold mine for several years longer. I've got a mag of this stuff that I'm guessing I'll be able to uncork past the twenty year mark.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Your note aligns very well my impressions of this wine from last Christmas. This BWE classic is coming around, albeit in a traditional style of wine (yes!).
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

Thanks for this TN..maybe a bottle tomorrow night. Looks like time in the decanter will be beneficial..
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

Nice to get the occasional updates on this wine. I bought a half dozen bottles just, and only, because of the buzz from folks on this site. Glad to hear it is still looking like a good decision.

Jon