Reattach label?

Michael-P

Reattach label?

Post by Michael-P »

What's the best way to reattach a label?

We had a bottle (64 Bordeaux - TNs to come) this past weekend that I put in the fridge for a couple days prior (no wine cellar storage available where we were) and when we took it out and it warmed to room temperature it condensed on the outside and the label fell off. We wanted to put the bottle (with label) on the shelf of "memorable" wines.

I suppose I could ask my FBI buddy to ask Rudy Kurniawan as he would surely know!

Thanks,

Michael-P
stefan

Re: Reattach label?

Post by stefan »

That happens frequently with Bdx from the time that Chateaux uses labels that could be removed. Just put some glue on the back of the label and reattached unless you intend to refill the bottle for reselling.

Bill
Michael-P

Post by Michael-P »

Bill:

Thanks.

No plans to refill anything !

Michael-P
SF Ed

Post by SF Ed »

Drinking '64 BDX without me? You're not supposed to do that anymore now that you are back in town ;)

SF Ed
Michael-P

Post by Michael-P »

SF Ed:

Yes, I agree, but we were in Michigan for the weekend to go to the U of M football game (attendance +112k) and celebrate Nalan's birthday. I brought the 4.5L of 64 Durfort-Vivens to celebrate that and share with a group of college buddies and their wives that know and appreciate wine. Luckily it was a good drink enjoyed by all.

Michael-P
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Michael-P, did you go to UofM? Did I already know that?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I was wondering the same thing.
I think he did.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

'64 Durfort. Would like to see the full TN on that. Is it subscription-only?

Obviously the reputation of the "modern" (that is anti-modern) Durfort precedes the wine. I assume since this was an 1855er it has always been capable of producing wines intended to age.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

First time I went to a game in Ann Arbour I couldn't understand what everyone was talking about....HUGE stadium. Didn't look like much on the approach as I didn't realize most of the stadium is below grade and not rising high in the sky. Amazing experience entering the stadium though!!

I'm holding a 64 Duhart for my younger brothers 50th next year. Fill is at the shoulder and a little concerned that it might be dead but hopefully it's the thought that counts and maybe we'll be surprised.
Danny
Michael-P

Post by Michael-P »

Yes, I did go to U of Michigan (BS chemical engineering).

And yes, it doesn't look as big from the outside, but holy moley when you enter! I guess that's why they call it "The Big House". I think its the 3rd largest in the world after ones in Brazil and India.

Nalan especially liked the non-stop parties in the yards of the frat houses.

Uncharacteristically, I don't have written notes but I still remember the wine from last Sat dinner. I'll post TN.

Michael-P
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

My father was a Chem E at U of Michigan and met my mother, who grew up in Ann Arbor, while there. I have a lot of fond memories of visiting grandparents in Ann Arbor, including a few games at The Big House back in the Bo Schembeckler days. I never went there (my brother did) but I'm a faithful Maize & Blue fan.