What is your Lynch/Angelus/La Lagune/Pavie Maquin?

Tom In DC

Re: What is your Lynch/Angelus/La Lagune/Pavie Maquin?

Post by Tom In DC »

Burgundy is ethereal.
So it must float.
Therefore, Burgundy is a witch. (Just in time for Halloween :ugeek: )
Rudi Finkler

Post by Rudi Finkler »

Three decades ago, I started with intense tasting of red Bordeaux. Relatively fast, Grand-Puy-Lacoste became a favourite, as well as La Lagune and Pichon-Comtessse. At that time, it was not easy to find an excellent left bank wine outside of the 1855 classification, except of Sociando-Mallet of course.
In terms of quality, however, times have changed dramatically since the 1980s, and today, it’s nearly impossible not to get an excellent wine, if you are willing to pay 15-30 Euro. The old Bordeaux classifications are completely outdated and the guild of critics is more superfluous than ever. :twisted:
Today, my Lynch/Angelus/La Lagune/Pavie Macquins are D’Issan, Roc de Cambes, Martet, Charmail, Les Carmes Haut-Brion, and many other wines. Elegance and delicacy are the magical words, not the power.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Well said, Rudi Finkler.
pomilion

Post by pomilion »

Rudi Finkler wrote: Today, my Lynch/Angelus/La Lagune/Pavie Macquins are D’Issan, Roc de Cambes, Martet, Charmail, Les Carmes Haut-Brion, and many other wines. Elegance and delicacy are the magical words, not the power.
Love Roc de Cambes. Little sister of Tertre Roteboeuf (both owned by Francois Mitjavile), elegant and delicate yes, and, dare I say, a little burgundian... 8-)
Rudi Finkler

Post by Rudi Finkler »

a little burgundian maybe, pomilion, but not enough for me to awaken a passion for the wines of Burgundy... :)
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I think I only had Terte Roteboeuf once, and it was a 1988 I brought at SteveH place for dinner. And I never thought anything in common with Chambolle or Nuits St-Georges, Volnay or Pommard.

I'm in Québec City this weekend, and this afternoon I went to the best Saq Winestore here, and thought about buying 1 bottle of the 2008 Château Tertre Roteboeuf... But finally bought something "similar" : 3 bottles of the 2010 Michel Gros Chambolle-Musigny...

Nic
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Well, done, Nic, well done indeed as our BD would say! So which was less expensive, 3 bottles of the Chambolle-Musigny or 1 bottle of the Tertre Roteboeuf?
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

DavidG, it was the same price for the 3 Chambolle, than 1 lone Tertre Roteboeuf.

I must say that Marie-Claude and me are big fans of Chambolle.

Nic