2000 Chasse Spleen

Bacchus

2000 Chasse Spleen

Post by Bacchus »

Drink 'em if you got 'em. This is really drinking nicely now. Classic Bdx. Suave and sophisticated, elegant and smooth. Not the most complex in the Medoc, but wonderful fruit and terroir: bramble, leather, smoke, black berry, graphite, ash, bit of cassis, bit of methol. This could restore your faith in 2000! And did I mention that it's drinking really nice right now -- great balance between acid and tannin. Nicely integrated oak. Still young, maybe adolescent is the right metaphor. Just a bit of a hint of bricking on the rim, but mostly still a dark purple-red. Years to go I should think, but I'm not sure I need to risk it :-) 92+ Gotta check my supply of this, might need more.
JimHow

Re: 2000 Chasse Spleen

Post by JimHow »

I have my eye on a case of 2010 Chasse Spleen, seems rationally priced.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

I thought the 2000 Chasse Spleen was really good. Which is not along a continuum of some scoring system merely, but really good. I think I have another bottle.
Gerry M.

Post by Gerry M. »

I've has the 89' recently and it was still full of life and I'm in no rush to finish my remaining bottles.
Chasse-Spleen

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

Great report, Bacchus! Sounds like the 2000 I drank a few years ago. I think the 2005 will be similar, although the 2000 seemed to have a lot more complexity young. Maybe that will return with age in the 2000 and eventually show up in the 2005. Chasse-Spleen is a very Dionysian wine.