Sacramento Wine Dinner

William P

Sacramento Wine Dinner

Post by William P »

Greeting Guys. I am having the annual wine dinner. Any BWErs in Sacramento on Saturday October 12 are invited. Glenn is coming over the hump and Arv and Jenn are also coming. The theme is pinot/burg though Arv will bring an Italian, so there are no rules. I'll smoke something, maybe a prime tri-tip though I haven't done a brisket in ages.

Bill
DavidG

Re: Sacramento Wine Dinner

Post by DavidG »

Wish I were there. Please post some notes and pictures. And say hi to Arv - way too long since I've seen him.
Claret

Post by Claret »

looking forward to this.
Glenn
SF Ed

Post by SF Ed »

Lisa and I have a family commitment on the 12th that will put us in your neck of the woods. I don't think we will be able to fully indulge but we should be able to drop by. Email me the logistics at edward underscore baum at yahoo dot com and hopefully things will work out.

SF Ed
Michael-P

Post by Michael-P »

Too late for Nalan and I to join?

Michael-P
William P

Post by William P »

No Michael, not at all. Love to have you. Email sent.
Michael-P

Post by Michael-P »

Sorry but Nalan's work is taking precedence over our joining the gathering today. Especially relevant since I am still unemployed!

I look forward to hearing all the reports!

Michael-P
Claret

Post by Claret »

Michael you will be missed.

Bill, we will arrive around 3 or maybe a bit later.
Glenn
SF Ed

Post by SF Ed »

We missed you, Michael. Great seeing everyone, especially the long lost Arv, and drinking good stuff and most especially eating Bill's home smoked tri-tip. More BWE fun!

SF Ed
Claret

Post by Claret »

Another funtastic Sacramento offline.

Arv, Jen, Ed, Bill, Linda and myself were joined by a duo of Lisa's and enjoyed a night of friendship, food and wine at Bill's.

Delicious cheeses with French Rose, Bill's marinated, smoked and finally grilled tritip, along with asparagus cream soup, potatoes gratin and green beans with sautéed mushrooms where paired with 2003 Lessac selection Bonnes Mares, 2007 Alesia Green Valley PN, 2001 Serpico Aglianico, 2004 dal Forno Valpolicello and 1993 Joseph Phelps Backus Cab.

For dessert Lisa made a vanilla pound cake with an apricot ginger glaze topped with spiced stewed fresh plums and we paired it with a 2001 Kurt Darting Rieslaner Auslese.

All of the wines were very good. We reminisced about members past and present and vowed to get together again next year.

Sunday morning we went with Bill and Linda to what is by far the best farmers market I have ever been to under a freeway in Sacramento and then onto Dim Sum at a new to us place that Arv recommended.
Glenn