TN : 2010 Château de Reignac

Nicklasss

TN : 2010 Château de Reignac

Post by Nicklasss »

The Bordeaux Supérieur, that can equal Lafite, Cheval Blanc or Pétrus...

The 2010 Château de Reignac, who is the inexpensive wine of the Château, is very nice. Dark red color (after all, it is Mr. Rolland the consultant), nose is intense on dark red berries, blackcurrants, spices from the oak, violet flowers and more dark berries. The mouth is very Bordeaux, with nice attack, dark prunes, blackberries, structure and tannins, good length, light coffee and dry oak on the very end. All in all, a very nice wine, excellent, and with the grip and acids of 2010. A little gem. TN :89-90.

Nic
johnz

Re: TN : 2010 Château de Reignac

Post by johnz »

I haven't tried the 2010, but had the '05 just last week and was pleasantly surprised -- classic bordeaux nose, good herbal fruit and with a still slight tannic bite. A 90-point bordeaux to me -- still young and may improve in a few years, so I'm glad I have 5 more. . . surprising for a Bordeaux Superior

--Gary Rust
Nicklasss

Re: TN : 2010 Château de Reignac

Post by Nicklasss »

I'm finishing the bottle tonight, and it is still very very good. I agree with you Gary, a 90 in my book and will hold for 5 years easily.

At that price, I would say it is as impressive as the Château la Tour St- Bonnet.

Without thinking too much, that 2010 Château de Reignac remind me a bit the Château Smith Haut Laffite, with less new oak, a bit less power and length, but remember the Reignac is... 25 $...

Nic