Baptism of Béatrice

Nicklasss

Baptism of Béatrice

Post by Nicklasss »

Yes, it was last weekend. As Béatrice is our last child, the évent was big. Friends and family came visit us, and lots of wines opened... But short notes.

2010 Chablis 1er Cru Montmains Domaine Pinson: an excellent Chablis, with character, ripeness, freshness and minerality. Great! TN : 91.

2012 Mâcon-Cruzille Domaine Guillot-Broulx : a light Gamay from that Southern Bourgogne area. Light cranberries, red berries and minerals. Good but very light. TN : 84.

1998 Château de Beaucastel : I should have decanted for minimum 2 hours... Dark berries, with lots of anise and Black licorice. ink and licorice in mouth. less glorious than a previous bottle, few years ago. TN : 88.

2005 Sublime Grand Cru Blanc de blancs: nice Champagne, easy, a bit sweet, ripe. Drinks well. TN: 87.

Inflorescence Blanc de noirs: Better Champagne. More body and structure, with light red cherry, cream, bread aromas. Good taste of mineral, ripe pink berries. Very good but I was expecting a bit more. TN : 89-90.

2009 Michel Rolland Bordeaux : Again, a nice medium body, ripe Merlot Bordeaux, but well made and seductive, with blackberries character. TN: 87-88.

2009 Clos Marsalette: better than a first bottle, a few months ago. Dark, concentrated, red berries, smoke, creamy vanilla oak. Structured, dark berries, long tannic final. Nice this time. TN: 91.

2003 Château Cantemerle: Classic Haut-Médoc in that warm vintage. Red berries, cherries, currants, wood, light spices. Medium body in mouth, drinks easily. TN: 88.

More to come later.

Nic
DavidG

Re: Baptism of Béatrice

Post by DavidG »

Congratulations, Nic!
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

Congrats!
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the notes.

Alex
stefan

Post by stefan »

Which wine did you use for the baptism, Nic? My sources in Heaven say that Champagne works best, so that is what I use.

Padre stefan
jal

Post by jal »

Congratulations! I love hearing about good news and celebrations
Best

Jacques
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Other wines there.

2007 Mas de Libian Côtes-du-Rhône : lots of ripe mourvèdre in that wine, with rasberries, leather, and a warm finish.

2012 Château de Pizay, Morgon : really nice Beaujolais, fruity, easy to drink, crowd pleaser. Not complicated but very satisfying.

2006 Château d'Armajan les Ormes: Sauternes that was quite good, medium concentration, good sweetness and botrytis. I liked it very much.

2004 Château Raymond Lafon : Sauternes, a very good bottle of that Château from that vintage. Thick, apricot, flowers, honey, not lot of botrytis, but sweet.

2005 Auslese Dr. Pauly Bergweiler : my favorite wine that night. As good as the Sauternes were, this Riesling was even better, even more balanced, intellectual, fruity but acid and medium sweetness. Complex and long, i would love to try back that wine while listening David Bowie's "Sweet thing/candidate/sweet thing reprise"... This was our lonely bottle, a git Papoadoc gave to Marie-Claude, 6 or 7 years ago. Thank you very much Pappadoc. Hope you keep yourself out of trouble and stay very healthy.

Nic
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Thank you all for the congratulations, and Padre Stefan, I confirm Béatrice has been baptism with Holy Water, but at the célébration after, she had the right to one drop of the Blanc de blancs...

Nic
stefan

Post by stefan »

Good start for her, Nic!