'89 pichon baron

robert goulet

'89 pichon baron

Post by robert goulet »

Stopped over at Orlando Bobby's last night for some lakefront lunar eclipse libation...a friend won his long standing court case so bobby popped something special....just drinking fantastic...plenty of graphite, leather and leafy tobacco on the nose which are also diplayed on the plate, the fruit is so polished, high toned bright red fruits, spice box, still plenty off tannin structure...outstanding wine
DavidG

Re: '89 pichon baron

Post by DavidG »

A longtime favorite of mine and a BWE favorite. Great to hear it is still drinking great, have a few left in the cellar.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Ah yes, the old Purple Baron, let me tell you youngsters a story or two about the Purple Baron.
When Bordeaux was Bordeaux, and giants roamed the earth.
johnz

Post by johnz »

I had this one year ago -- the bottle was opened, not decanted and brought to a restaurant. It was in a shell -- just slight hints of sour cherries and little else. We coaxed it for a couple of hours, but it was really hiding itself. The bottle was not corked -- possibly "off" in some other way, but we all thought it should have been decanted for hours . . . drinkable, but a shadow of what it should (and probably will some day ) be.

-Gary Rust