TN : 2011 Château Smith and a 2005 Nuits-St-Georges

Nicklasss

TN : 2011 Château Smith and a 2005 Nuits-St-Georges

Post by Nicklasss »

Yesterday, we had dinner at Marie-Claude's parent place. Good bœuf bourguignon, an I brought a 2011 Château Smith, a Cabernet Sauvignon from the Columbia Valley in Washington State. The wine was good and well done. Medium red color, nose was a bit closed, but opened quickly on red berries, dark berries, plums and a bit If aromatic herbs. In mouth, good attack, good fruit, but nothing too conçentrated. Blackcurrants and rasberry flavors first, with light smoke and herb. Nothing complicated, but I liked it. TN : 87.

Tonight, with grilled herb and vegetable sausages, i opened a bottle of the 2005 Nuits St-Georges from Jean Féry. A village wine, well done. Medium red color, with a nice concentrated nose of cherries, raisins, dark berries and a touch of soap. Sweet candy rasberry too. In mouth, light kirsch, cherries, some Woody tannins, light Black licorice, and finally something earthy. Very good, stay very Pinot ?Noir in body, but the intensity from NSG is there. TN : 90.

Two very good wines, a bit reserved, but satisfying.

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: TN : 2011 Château Smith and a 2005 Nuits-St-Georges

Post by Nicklasss »

By the way, i should buy more Washington State red wines, in the coming mouths. I like the style.

Next weekend, i'll try to open a red Bordeaux.

Nic