TN: a wine from Savoie

Nicklasss

TN: a wine from Savoie

Post by Nicklasss »

Tonight, I'm not in great shape, being tired and with a nose cold. So I opened an inexpensive light red wine from Savoie, the 2007 Mondeuse Les Rocailles. Lately, I'm thirsty for light wines, but especially light in alcohol. I went to the Winestore, and they had received many 30-40 $ 2010 Bordeaux. But the 14.5-15 % alcohol on the label, turn me off.

The Mondeuse is a light clear red. Light nose of red berries, strawberries and flowers. Mouth with very light tannins, some light fruit (red berries, very light plums), some light Black pepper, lilac flowers. Final with small bitterness, no very long, but refreshing. Good and fit well my mood tonight. TN : 84.

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: TN: a wine from Savoie

Post by Nicklasss »

I forgot to say that I also bought an inexpensive white from Italy, produced around Rome, and...

A 1999 Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill. The challenge: keep it, until Jimhow's visit... But I think it will be hard...

Nic
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Of course, I could have bought 4 bottles of a very nice red Bordeaux instead of the Champagne... But I still remember my first encounter with the Cuvée Winston Churchill, and it was prodigious... A bit like my first encounter with Krug.

Nic
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I had good time with the kids tonight, and surely last night for Halloween. But I will take it easy this weekend, one hour longer, and have fun with the kids.

Béatrice us now 8 months old, and I'm now realizing it is my last baby. In 8 more months, nomore baby... At 8 months, Béatrice is showing lots of unconditionnal love to her parents, that warms up ouf heart!

Nic
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Can't wait!
I'm taking it easy myself this weekend.
Gotta clean up the leaves.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

Personally I'd feel better off trading 4 nice Bordeaux for 1 Sir Winston Churchill. Enjoy!