Bubbles and Bordeaux with the elusive Orlando Bobby

robert goulet

Bubbles and Bordeaux with the elusive Orlando Bobby

Post by robert goulet »

The spirit of Orlando Bobby will have to live on in my sparse, ill conceived and uncreative notes

Robert mentioned to me that that a small gathering was assembling on the quiet shores of Lake Lancaster to celebrate a big trial win for one of his close friends Ed...to whom I was also acquainted with...so of course I assertively managed to suggest his suppressed overwhelming desire for my prescence, just shy of blatantly inviting myself over...ding ding ding...I'm in route...sucker falls for my Jedi tricks every time.

I make my way past the manicured landscapes of Lancaster Park surreptitiously as possible so not to scare the neighbors or other possible wine snobs with a discerning eye...no worries for I was well armed...in tow, passenger side rested an '05 Chateau Musar comfortably well within the path of air bag deployment...strickly precautionary for the worst case scenario :)

As I entered sir Bobby's beautiful home I am immediately greeted by a generous glass of '02 Dom Perignon...I have not had Dom in quite sometime...Champagne is not something I actively seek out, but as I tasted the sweet nectar of the Dom I was swooned...the mousse of the Dom spoke to me...in a provocative way...each sip was lushously seductive...I was entranced by it's voluptuousness, sweet floral notes and toasty goodness...great stuff, great start

As our interests turn, Robert directs his guest of honor to select the next pick...initially i was worried since Ed was far from a wine enthusiast...off to the cellar...much to my amazement Ed picked the distinguished '89 Pichon Baron...holla!...
I manage to contain my exuberance...we recently popped a bottle of this wine, clearly it was beautiful, but at the same time clearly not at the top of it's game...not this bottle, this represented a much more open example...silky silky silky elegance, nothing overstated, nothing brash, nothing self centered, just a great wine to sit and think with...plenty of tasty pauillac pleasure, spice box, tea, tobacco leaf, dried cherry, earth and hints of leather...just a pleasure to sit with

A wonderful night discussing faded past glories and 'if I knew what knew now' stories...just shy of luring Ed's wife into a deep slumber..or coma...As for the Musar...I left it as a lovely parting gift for sir Robert...something I hope we can pop together in another 8-10 years...Of course that is unless I tire of him by then ;) cheers
Last edited by robert goulet on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Chasse-Spleen

Re: Bubbles and Bordeaux with the elusive Orlando Bobby

Post by Chasse-Spleen »

Great story, but that's it? Some DP and a dash of Pauillac? Patti, no! I was expecting more...
-Chasse
robert goulet

Re: Bubbles and Bordeaux with the elusive Orlando Bobby

Post by robert goulet »

Lol...if u mean the minimal amounts of wine...I think we had something else open but can't remember for the life of me, there were four of us and Bobby had to 'get up early' the next day (code for wuss)