A nice italian, a regular "modern" Haut-Médoc

Nicklasss

A nice italian, a regular "modern" Haut-Médoc

Post by Nicklasss »

Tonight, had two friends for dinner. While the kids were having fun playing together, we enjoyed this:

2006 Col d' Orcia Brunello di Montalcino : these wines are hard to understand sometime, but this ones was a winner. Nice medium red color, not so dark. nose of bitter cherries, red berries, incense, smoke, balsamic, and more sour fruits. Medium complex nose. In mouth, this is well balanced, great mixture of old oak with the bitter kirsch cherries of Sangiovese, floral tones, grape flavors. Medium acidity and tannins, with decent final, on cherries and herbs. i liked that wine very much, as it seem to me not overdone and a Steph up from Chianti. Excellent. TN : 91. I think this will improve in the next give years.

The second wine opened, the 2010 Château d'Aurilhac, Haut-Médoc, we had one glass each as it was so "milky way" that blind I would have Hardy guessed Bordeaux. Dark color, smoke, sweet toffey vanilla nose, coffee and chocolate. Seem to me no grape were used to make that wine. in mouth, thick, dense sugar y smoke, dark berries, low acidity, long sexy vanilla oak on the final. I kept the 2/3 of the bottle remaining, and will try it back tomorrow. But tonight, it was like drinking va Coffee Crisp chocolate bar. Yuk. TN: 80.

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: A nice italian, a regular "modern" Haut-Médoc

Post by Nicklasss »

In Hell, I'm pretty sure you'll have to drink wine like that 2010 Château d'Aurilhac all the time. This is why i try to be a good boy you go to Heaven.

Nic
Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Nic, your statement makes me wonder, when Jesus turned water into wine, which . . .? :o
Rudi Finkler

Post by Rudi Finkler »

...kosher Lafite. ;)