Champagne, Bordeaux and ...

Nicklasss

Champagne, Bordeaux and ...

Post by Nicklasss »

An awesome Côté-Rôtie.

So, my brother at home for dinner, need something good, unusual, a" Young American" (David Bowie).

The 1999 Pol Roger Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill start slowly, but when it opening up, Wow, superb nose of lemonade, bread çrust, ginger, full of twist, herbs, and bit of honey. in mouth, dense, long, no way Champagne is just a bubling something, it is much more serious. çranberries flavors, honey, spices, Christmas cake, lemon grass. In mouth, very intense, long aftertaste of lime, and red berries. What Can I say? Still young, but still impressive. Give it 7 more years... TN :92-93+.

The 2001 Château Pichon Longueville Baron is dark red, not ready, but still showing something nice. Nose of blackcurrants, oak, cigar, dark berries, lead pencil. In mouth, powerfull tannins (for a 2001), blackcurrants, tobacco, decent long 30 seconds final on spicy oak. Still very young. More to come in 5 years, but a nice Pauillac now, intense, unforgiving, serious. TN: 92-93+

The 2003 Duclaux Côté-Rôtie is At it perfect spot. Trouble red color, man that nose! Rasberry, meat, menthol, red berries, and some soft spices. In mouth, medium body, strong tannins, strong flavors on mixed everything that Syrah can be in that Northern Rhône AOC. Flavors with nice acidity, but red berries, meat,sour red cherries. Long final. A nice wine at the moment. TN : 93.

What a night!

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: Champagne, Bordeaux and ...

Post by Nicklasss »

That 2001 Pichon Baron is still very nice. Superb blackcurrants and roasted oak, with some austerity and medium to strong tannins.

Glycerin, wet nails, Black berries, very Pauillac.

Nic
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

The 2003 Côte-Rôtie is long gone. The World is a wreck, but I love you people Of BWE. And Jim, what is the 2013 wine If the year? If your décision is made, why wait? If you wait, we'll make you change your mind?

Nic
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I have 3 kids, my brother has 3 kids, it was the big party tonight. Tough for us, the mom and dad.

Nic
Rieslingfan

Post by Rieslingfan »

Thanks for the Baron note. I will steel myself to wait a few more years.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Three kids, three wines. Sounds like you did just fine, Nic! Happy holidays.