A 2012 Arbois and a 2009 St-Joseph

Nicklasss

A 2012 Arbois and a 2009 St-Joseph

Post by Nicklasss »

This weekend went by to quickly. I was quite busy with the kids and MC, but I like it that way.

Some friends came for dinner on Friday, and on some Vietnamese cooking, i opened a bottle of the 2012 Domaine de la Renardière Arbois Chardonnay. That wine from Jura was simple but very tasty. It took 45 minutes of air to open, but that niçe medium yellow color wine, be came with a powerful nose of bartlett pears, nuts, light flowers and a touch of spices. In mouth, yellow flesh fruits, pears, apples, mainly fruity, with light oxydative notes. Very good, but the first few sip were so close... TN : 85.

Tonight, a nice 2009 Alain Paret Les Larmes du Père St-Joseph. A niçe 100% syrah from the Northern Rhône. Dark red, good nose of rasberries, dark red berries, light Black pepper, smoke, meat, alcohol cherries. Mouth is medium body, very St-Joseph, with nice acidity, red berry flavors, nice medium tannins from the wood élevage, creamy cherries, with a good whisp, and very long. Minerals too. A previous bottle, a few years ago, was not as nice or développed. A non fault genuine St-Joseph, that can't be mistaken for another Northern Rhône Syrah. TN : 90. Genuine.

So tomorrow, I'll hit the 4-0, and my plan is to have only a half bottle of Champagne, as it will be Monday. To be fair, I'll do the same as ever, and celebrate my anniversary and non-anniversary, all year long!

Nic
Tom In DC

Re: A 2012 Arbois and a 2009 St-Joseph

Post by Tom In DC »

Happy Birthday, Nic!
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Yes, Happy Birthday, and many more!
Rieslingfan

Post by Rieslingfan »

Happy birthday. Thanks for the St. Joseph note.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Finally, we had a bottle of the Lallier Grande Réserve Grand Cru, an inexpensive Champagne, but very good, nice fine bubbles, white flesh fruits, flowers, some honey, and a dry but kinda rich final. Not bad for a Monday night!

Nic