Go seahawks, go!

Nicklasss

Go seahawks, go!

Post by Nicklasss »

I like both teams, but the edge, in my heart, goes to the team from Seattle.

Nic
JCNorthway

Re: Go seahawks, go!

Post by JCNorthway »

I did not have a favorite in this game, but was just hoping for a good game. Disappointing on that front.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Wow, a safety on the first play! That was about as good as it got for Denver. And in terms of excitement it was downhill from there. I was ready to switch over to Downton Abbey in the 3d quarter but Peggy wanted to see the rest of the game.

It was probably plenty of fun for Seahawks fans. Their defense was crushing as usual, Peyton never got into much rhythm, and their offense performed reasonably well.
JonB

Post by JonB »

The Seahawks certainly were the better team Sunday. They've played hard hitting, low mistake football almost all season.

Pete Carol has reached out to many troubled athlete's and looked-over players to pull together a good team. We had a great party, starting with a Washington Syrah, 2009 Charles Smith "The Creator" which was a big, bold smoke,tar, deep purple fruited wine that went well with ribs. 94

Then a 2004 Eddie Feraud CdP, which has been singing and continues to develop.

Finally we closed with 2002 Jose Michel Brut. While we had 2002 Dom sitting nearby, this champagne didn't have as fine as bubbles, but had carmel apple and nuts, and was a good closing with Skittles.

GO HAWKS.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Congrats JonB!
stefan

Post by stefan »

Even the commercials were sub par. I normally fast forward through commercials, but Lucie won't let me for the super bowl.

The high point was Renee Fleming's fantastic rendition of our national anthem. The half time show was almost as bad as the inept Dolphins. While I had to watch the commercials, I did fast forward through most of the second half while sipping on a nice 2007 Morey Chassagne VV.
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

Superbore and I agree that commercials overall not too great. 2002 Laurel Glen cab provided the entertainment.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Not an avid NFL football fan but I still enjoy watching an entertaining Superbowl. Unfortunately this was not the case this year. I felt sorry for the Broncos giving up a safety on the first play of the game and it only got worse from there. Seattle dominated on all fronts making the Broncos look pretty hapless.

Still enjoyed a lovely 2000 Chasse-Spleen with dinner and in front of the game. Drinking very well and certainly performed much above the Broncos expectations....but that might not be the compliment that I intended!
Danny
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I thought the Chevy cancer ad was the best, albeit poignant.