TN:1995 Domaine de la Janasse CdP Cuvee Vieilles Vignes

HarryKaris

TN:1995 Domaine de la Janasse CdP Cuvee Vieilles Vignes

Post by HarryKaris »

This is a full-matured wine. Rich palate with silky ripe black fruit, chocolate and spicy licorice. Ripe tannin and rather low acidity. The finish is lush and sweet but not very long. Just lacking some depth and complexity. This wine goes perfect with...yes...Dutch cheese..... :razz:

I would not wait drinking because I do not think it will get any better.......
CdP-Harry
ChrisW

Re: TN:1995 Domaine de la Janasse CdP Cuvee Vieilles Vignes

Post by ChrisW »

I've never had the 1995, but I like the more recent years of this cuvee which I've tasted.

Shortly after bottling I ussually find these wines too big for my taste, but after 2-3 years in the bottle the really shine.

I was at the domaine one week ago to collect the wines that I'd pre-ordered and was able to taste through their 2007 line-up. As always, I found it to be very difficult to judge the quality of these young samples of Janasse, especially the Chaupin and VV, but I'm sure they will turn out to be very fine wines.

ChrisW
HarryKaris

Post by HarryKaris »

Chris, how was lunch with Michel Blanc???
CdP-Harry
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Harry,

Lunch with Michel Blanc was a great pleasure (for others: Michel Blanc is the head of the Federation des Syndicats de Producteurs de Chateauneuf du Pape). He is a very nice guy.

We had lunch in La Nerthe in the center of CdP. When we both entered the restaurant we saw that Vincent Durieu was also having lunch there, as he probably has about every day as his premises are only 50 meters away. We put some tables together and enjoyed a simple but good lunch with Bois de Boursan Cuvee des Felix 2005 as the main wine. This wine was surprisingly open for business (for a 2005) and showed very well.

It was a nice 4-day trip to the Rhone (you can find a very small summary of it on the Dutch Prikbord) and look very much forward to going there again in the second half of May, just as I look very much forward to visiting Bordeaux in the weekend of 16/17 May.

ChrisW