2010 Haut Batailley

Bacchus

2010 Haut Batailley

Post by Bacchus »

Another 2010 -- those sculpted tannins!! In this case they are plentiful but oh so silky smooth and nicely sweet. This is a fine wine, not as rustic as the Sociando. But this is classic Paulliac: black current, raspberries, cassis, cedar, some dark truffle, lead pencil, you know the profile; it's all there. Those Borie boys know how to make wine. If you like the Lacoste, Bobby Goo, you'll love this. It's fuller in the mouth, more fruit, yet it's balanced with tannin and acid. Refreshing too. The finish might be a little short compared with the best (not that I've tasted any of the firsts!). This is a wine with elegance on its mind. If Sociando is down to earth, this is a little up town. But not all the way up, if you know what I mean. It is still an authentic Paulliac. It hasn't been messed with. Oak is there, but in the background where it belongs.
JimHow

Re: 2010 Haut Batailley

Post by JimHow »

Nice! I think I'll bring a couple 2010s to DC for uncorking in the room in the name of science.
robertgoulet

Re: 2010 Haut Batailley

Post by robertgoulet »

Holy crap!!! Never saw this!!!....great note Bacchus...similar to my experience!