Many thanks to our wine family

Lucie

Many thanks to our wine family

Post by Lucie »

Stefan and I are home finally and sitting over a simple pasta and a glass of wine ( but not a bordeaux!)reminiscing. It was a wonderful weekend. Thanks to the people who arranged the dinners and banquet. You never disappoint. The wines were amazing and the choices of venue were perfect. Thanks, Jim, for getting all this started. It's taken on a kind of life of it's own now. It only needs prodding occasionally and really seems more like a big boisterous family reunion only one in which everyone likes everyone else. Tim, it was great to see you again and we look forward to seeing you in France when we're there in the fall. We have lots of good memories of BWE 14 and already look forward to the next one.

Lucie
tim

Re: Many thanks to our wine family

Post by tim »

It was great to see you and Stefan as well, looking forward to your visit in the fall!
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Thanks to everyone who came and made the convention such a success. I echo your thoughts, Lucie.
RDD

Post by RDD »

Home safe and sound.
jal

Post by jal »

That was epic!!! What an amazing time and an amazing group of people, so much fun to hook up with all of you again.

Back home yesterday and in the salt mines today. The memories will keep me going for now.
Best

Jacques
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Well said, Jan, I was thinking the same things on the 11 hour trip home by train, bus, taxi, car, after my flight was cancelled.
Woke up this morning to sleet, snow and ice, but very warm memories of this weekend.
It is always a highlight of the year to be able to spend 72 hours or so with you, Bill, and the rest of the "family!"
I thought Jacques said it best over the weekend (paraphrasing): "When I am with BWE I feel I don't have to deal with the usual BS that we see at other wine events."
Nobody is trying to impress anybody, nobody thinks that he/she is "right" and the other person is "wrong," we're just there to enjoy life and have fun and get caught up.
And as Marjorie said, we have other interests to talk about as well besides wine!
Those brunches at the bistro were really fun, just relaxing, drinking '97 Ducru and '90 Winston Churchill, and chilling out.
Really, we have a great little thing going here....
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

I had my usual great time with all the wonderful folks who attend this special event and mrs vino commented that it was her favorite convention yet. Onwards and upwards to 2015!
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I'm now home, the kids are happy and quiet.

Thanks again to my second "family" for these great times. Always a pleasure to see the régulariser, and meet new people.

Can't wait for next time.

Nic
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

Aww, it was just wonderful to hang with you guys again, Lucie! Brunch at Bistro Francais will be on our heavy rotation henceforth. Sort of like voting in Chicago - early and often.
stefan

Post by stefan »

The funniest part of the weekend was David & Jim pretending not to want to drink wine at lunch at Bistro Francais on both Friday and Saturday. Lucie & I had to "persuade" them both afternoons to imbibe.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yes we broke down pretty easily.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Yeah, our attempts to resist were pretty pathetic. If it had been high school, we'd have been the most popular girls in the class. Or maybe these days middle school is the more relevant metaphor.
brodway

Post by brodway »

Glad to see everyone had a great time!!!! Good food, great wine and amazing friends is a pretty good recipe for a fun weekend.

Next year i'd have to join you all. I've been storing a case of 2002 Ducru if the challenge of the vintages ever reappears on the Howe agenda.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

I hope the 02 vs. 00 battle continues....and I would like to see an 04 vs.05 battle...fun stuff
Michael-P

Post by Michael-P »

Lucie and Stefan:

Great to see you and everyone else too. BWE annuals are always wonderful and special.

Let me know when you plan to be in the San Francisco area so we can try and pull together a local offline with you.

Michael-P
Daytonnc

Post by Daytonnc »

I have been so inundated since we got back from DC, that I have not had a chance to post my thoughts on BWE 14! I echo Lucie's sentiments - it does feel like a big family and we meet up and not only drink fine wines but catch up from the events in our lives in the previous 12 months. Even after not seeing each other for a year (or two in my case) it felt like I had just seen you all a couple of weeks ago. A big Thank You David and Peggy, Jay and Peggy and Chris and Marjorie for organizing a wonderful 3 days. Hope to see you all soon again! Any time you are passing through Charlotte, please let us know! And maybe someone could order better weather next time!!!! Love you guys!

Susan