Thank you DavidG and the mid-Atlantic BWE subchapter.

JimHow

Thank you DavidG and the mid-Atlantic BWE subchapter.

Post by JimHow »

Haven't had a chance to breathe since getting back to Maine.
Finally getting some 40 degree temps without precipitation, it feels like 70s.
A quick thank you to Vice-Dictator David G and Peggy, Jay and Peggy, Chris and Marjorie, and Tom and Gail for their usual unbelievable hospitality during our past BWE weekend on DC. As we all know, these events don't just "happen."
All of the venues were superb, A++.
Chris (Winona Chief) took the lead in organizing the Thursday night dinner at Ripple restaurant. Service and food were outstanding, and it was just so much fun passing around the great wines and doing our blind tasting involving 1989 VCC, 1999 Pavie, and 1989 Lynch. It's always great to see you and Marjorie, Chris, I'm glad we had a chance to spend some time at the various events through the weekend.
Jay and Peggy got us into the back room at Bistro Francais on M Street in Georgetown, this was such a wonderful BWE kind if place that we not only had our Friday night dinner there but we had Friday lunch and Saturday brunch there as well. The owner chef was completely charming, talking about how Lynch Bages is his favorite Bordeaux and how Jean Michel Cazes dines there regularly, etc. I suspect BWEers will be dining there for many years to come. The staff was so friendly and welcoming, and the food superb. We had 97 Ducru of the wine list on both Friday and Saturday. We drank Rob's 1990 Winston Churchill and several other wines on Saturday and charged us no corkage fee. Great job Peggy and Jay!
And what can you say about David's work with Charlie Palmer for the Saturday night event? This was our fourth time there, and it has gone perfectly every time. The blind tastings are just too much fun. And I will always be touched by the gift if the 89 Lynch, that is an incredibly generous gift. David had a very difficult personal loss in his family last year and he is definitely family to us. He is a good man, I encourage everyone to try to have dinner with him if he ever comes through your town, which is likely sooner than later, as he is always leading one professional organization or another and his services are in high demand.
Tom and Gail looked great, and their hospitality and generosity is always a highlight of any BWE convention. Gail had a heck of a health scare in the past year but she looks like a million bucks!

Immense thanks to the BWE mid Atlantic sub chapter, we had an epic time!

BD